“Well Worth the Effort to Find This Truck!”

Kogi BBQ Taco Truck
Ranked #28 of 147 Quick Bites in Los Angeles
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Trying Kogi BBQ for the first time was one of the highlights of our recent Southern California trip. Having been aware of chef Roy Choi's success and reading his book made finding one of his four truck a priority and we were not disappointed. We shared and enjoyed the short rib tacos and short rib burrito. The tacos had a nice spicy kick while the burrito was a bit milder but everything was tasty and satisfying. We were extremely lucky as there was absolutely no line as the site was announced only a few hours prior that afternoon. However, the food would have been totally worth standing in line for! We will definitely be seeking out a Kogi truck the next time we are in the Los Angeles/Orange County area.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Busy, busy during the lunch hour...The menu is easy to choose and the choices are perfect. The team inside works fast - It is amazing how many people they get thru with such small quarters..
Don't let the long line fool you. It is above most food trucks on signage and drink selection on ice. The food was wonderful and top notch service...

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 25 November 2016

With 3 full time trucks and 1 special occasion truck that travel all over LA and Orange Counties, Kogi BBQ is always in range to satisfy your cravings. Their website is very good at letting you know where they will be for the entire week ahead.

We are moving out of Los Angeles soon, and I had to have a Kogi Burrito one more time before we left. It was a beautiful day and I decided it was time to find them. Jumped in the car and drove 12 miles downtown. (I would travel much further if necessary)

I was waiting for friends, so i decided to sit on some steps and watch the activity around the 6 different trucks parked on the hill on Grand Ave.. There were so many choices of cuisine, but it came as no surprise that when Kogi pulls up, the people line up for their Korean/Mexican fusion eats. The longer line alone tells you something good is going on behind the sticker clad old school food truck.

My friends showed up and we decided to get in line. They had flown in from Shanghai and had heard of Kogi on TV, so it was a must have while in LA. They ordered the Spicy pork, the short rib, and the calamari tacos. I myself was after something heartier. The Wet Burrito special would be my huckleberry today. After about 8 minutes of thinking we heard our names being called, our food was ready. Loaded with spicy pork with tangy, not overpoweringly spicy asian flavors, and smothered with Kogi Mole sauce and cheese with a few onions to top it off, this is not an in hand burrito. It is the size of a Volkswagen, weighs as much as a small Mastiff and mole sauce that could fill a Beverly Hills swimming pool and yet never became soggy. (mmm mole swimming pool.) The plastic Spork and knife seemed inadequate to tackle this beast. (Don't worry, I found a way) Each bite had a mixture of flavors that my palette could not categorize or place, which is usually the case when the tastes of two cultures collide in harmony. I threw in the towel at the halfway mark and even though this Kogi burrito thought it had beaten me, I was the winner in the long run. I had another half to devour for breakfast the next morning! (Cue eye of the tiger).... and I did.

Oh yeah, I had some friends that I had mentioned before. They gave two thumbs up of approval, well four thumbs since there were two of them and neither had a freak shop accident. Their favorite was the calamari taco. They gobbled up every bit of taco goodness and were very pleased that the food lived up to the hype.

Long story short.... Go..Find this Truck.....Now!! (bring some stickers)

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Very tasty and well spiced food. I always order the chicken burrito and it delicious. My husband likes the tacos, pork, chicken and short rib!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

I didn't realize you could pack so much flavor into a little package but they did it! I had the spare rib tacos, and the spicy pork tacos, but my favorite was definitely the spice pork wet burrito! Check their Twitter @kogibbq to find out where they are posted up for lunch, dinner, and late night!

Date of visit: September 2016