US$178
US$334
US$303
Sofitel
  • Pool
Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$199
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$238/night.

The LINE(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$243
US$189
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$211/night.

Free cancellation until 01/08
US$463
US$383
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Hollywood Hills Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$200
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Hotel Normandie(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$143
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$260
  • Breakfast included
Hollywood Celebrity Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$174
Agoda.com
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$439
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
1,899 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbliss spaw insiderbliss productschris nelsonmarvelous suitepantages theaterpool partyliving roomlobby bartrader joeshotel is beautifulmetro stationvalet parkingchinese theatrevalet servicebeverly hills
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This is part of a continuing series of my impressions and experiences staying at various hotels and resorts while traveling to attend concerts worldwide. This review is for the W Hollywood.

Property: W Hollywood
Location: Hollywood, California
Address: 6250 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, California 90028
Phone: (323) 798-1300
Website: www.whollywoodhotel.com
Room Type/Class: King Room (Room #1120)
Date: January 31-February 1, 2013
Booking Source: Hotwire
Overall Rating: 4/5 [Note: Score is totally subjective based on price, location, and comparison to "like" properties within same area and price range]

I choose this property due to it's proximity to the Hollywood Palladium, as I was covering a concert there and it is about two blocks away, so a short walk.

This was my first stay at one of the properties in the "W Hotels" collection by Starwood, which are designed to be more trendy/contemporary/luxurious, and geared toward a more... youthful lifestyle.

The property is valet-only at $35 per night.

Check-in was smooth and the staff was excellent.

The room was very clean, and overall pretty impressive. A lot of places for storage of clothes and more.

It definitely caters to the "party" type of guest, with maybe not so kid-friendly flourishes offered on a pay per use basis (alcohol, condoms... oxygen?), as well as high priced snacks. There is an octopus-looking electronics piece on the desk that offers chargers for a number of different brands of cell phone.

The view of my room was okay - inward-looking mostly at other sides of the building.

The bed is comfortable but strangely really, really low to the floor.

I did have after hours room service during the one night of my stay, which was pricey, but good.

I was there just for the concert down the street, so didn't really take advantage to any of the other things the property had to offer.

The location is great for a lot of the Hollywood attractions. I would stay again.

However, I was sent a revised bill after checking out, with an additional $18 in charges which I found to be in error - I wrote back noting this in an e-mail to the address provided and it bounced back in three attempts as an invalid e-mail address.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Fairly new property. Trendy, stylish, clean, great customer service, near subway, reasonably priced for location. Would prefer if WiFi was included in the price of the room. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Thanks for leaving a review of your recent stay with us! I am glad to see you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to welcome you back again soon.

For next time, we do offer complimentary high speed wireless internet in our Living Room for all of our guests.

Thanks,
Brad

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Great location if you want to be in Hollywood. Dark halls, dark elevator. Club vibe everywhere. Felt like I was actually staying IN a club. Cool lighting throughout. Instead of doors in some places, they have curtains. Very interesting. Party people everywhere. Helped a super friendly guy in the elevator because he could not press his floor as he had a drink in each hand! (This was a Thursday night)

When I arrived at 4pm, the hall had what looked like breakfast room service trays rotting in the halls. Gross. But otherwise, the place seemed really clean.

Rooms were, well, Hollywood. Almost like sleeping in a gift shop. The amount of alcohol for sale on the counters in the room was pretty enticing, especially if you want to spend 5x the actual cost. One shelf was filled with lots of tasty, expensive snacks.

If you are the type who loves to pay $5 for a bottle of water, this is your place! They are everywhere in the room. Everywhere. They do give you a free bottle of the cheap water though, hidden behind one of the $5 ones. If you do not like paying extra for water, maybe you want to pay extra for oxygen. They have oxygen you can buy. It’s true. It is mixed in with the snacks. No joke.

$500 hold on my credit card? Nobody told me they were going to do that. That is sort of steep. I suppose sleeping in the middle of a gift shop, they want to be sure you don’t skip town without paying for that $45 bottle of Makers you tried to take a sip of and put the top back on? $500 is too high a hold.

Great coffee maker in the room! Kidding, they don’t have one in the room. I have stayed at countless hotels and this is the first time I have not had a coffee maker in the room!

TWITTER ALERT: I posted that it was LAME not to have a coffee maker in the room at the W, Hollywood. To my surprise, 15 minutes later, I received a phone call from the front desk asking me if I wanted them to bring up a coffee maker. That was cool! (I said no because I was embarrassed). I then posted on Twitter that I would like $1,000,000 and they sent me a shout out, on Twitter, telling me that was not going to happen. Seriously. I am not making this up.

Super clean room. AWESOME, comfy, low to the floor bed.

Shower was THE BEST! The shower-head was HUGE and I was very impressed. Loved the shower products and lotion enough to take them home for the wife. Wish they had a bathtub in the room as well. Not the SHOWER/BATH thing, just a separate bath. Very good towels. Thick.

If you ever wanted to have someone watch you take a shower, this is the place! There is pretty much a body window in the shower, so if you are sharing the room, be prepared.

**Walk down the street to Blue Palms Brewhouse if you like beer and good food. Tell Brian I sent you.

I did not park a car here, but I can imagine the parking fee to be somewhere around $400/night?Or maybe $45.

I would for SURE stay here again for $118/night. For $200+ no. Maybe if I was single and trying to impress a female, I would pay over $200/night.

I also would not stay here with my family. Not a family type place, unless you want your kids to grow up thinking clubbing is cool at 40.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Baronent
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Great hotel, great loction. As all W hotels, glitzy, flashy and loud. You really need to be in right mood to stay here otherwise, atmosphere and attitude of ppl around will seriousely put you off...
We stayed for one night. Enough... apart of the Weels and bell service, we got snooty attitude from the rest of staff and were looked up and down before any interaction.
Room was great as always, just not sure about the white on white decor? But loved window seat and bathroom.
Make sure you take a walk across the bridge all the way to the top of the grand staircase, pretty impressive and with amazing view of the lobby.
Hotel is in walking distance to all attractions, with rooftop pool and the bar which looks like you need a month in advance reservation and platinum card to be allowed to.

Room Tip: Not to close to the top, unless you love to party till 5am.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank iamconstanttraveller
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Hello, and thank you for the review! We appreciate any chance for feedback we can receive from our guests. You are absolutely correct, and we do our best to let our guests know that W Hollywood is indeed a very high energy and adult experience.

I am sorry to see that you felt anything but graciousness from our Talent, we do our best to provide amazing service to each person who arrives.

I hope next time you are looking for a truly Hollywood experience you think of us!

Brad W

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Booked online via AAA rate for the Marvelous Suite for my friend and I on a 2-night stay on a weekend. Room was gorgeous and the bathroom and living area were clean, with nice Bliss brand amenities Mini-bar, bottle of wine and mini bottles of liquors provided but we didn't consume. SPG Gold allowed us to have free wifi in-room as a welcome package.
2 main issues: we had requested a roll away bed via initial booking weeks in advance. Upon check-in I also double checked with front desk and they said one would be provided. Came home at 9pm to find out roll away still missing and had to ask for it at front desk again, where a female agent said it may not be available b/c of limited supply. Rather ridiculous given I've requested long long ago. She also didn't mention it would be charged $25/night. Finally got the rollaway later that night. Second issue was splitting the bill and allow two names on the receipt. I've never had problems doing that but the guy made it a hassle to do so and also told us we should've requested that ahead of time at check in or do it online, which I've never been able to do when booking a room at Starwood property online. It was a bit of a pain to have that arranged at check-out time.
The gym facility was very nice being on the floor below the top. Elevator access to the rooftop pool which is great during the day and also serves as part of Drais nightclub at night. They also have a complimentary car drop off service courtesy of Acura but has a limited radius.
Would likely stay here again if the price is right. Definitely the place to stay if you want to party up at Drais, one of the hippest night clubs in town.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends