“Excellent wine, very slow kitchen”

Vinoteque on Melrose
Ranked #1,158 of 10,876 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Gardner
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

The wine list here is excellent. And they have a unique by the glass program where they will open any bottle as long as you buy two glasses. If you buy the third glass you get to keep the bottle. The kitchen though is extremely slow. A simple mushroom appetizer took an hour and a half, and that is with asking numerous times to several servers. It's a nice atmosphere, they just got to get their kitchen problem worked out. Hopefully that will happen.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This is a gorgeous looking Bistro on Melrose with loads of atmosphere.

I sat in the beautiful courtyard area and was greeted by Ryan. He really set the tone with his friendliness and class.

They specialize in wine and Tapas; so I went with a variety of offerings and their wine flight( 3 glasses of different wines).

My favorites of the Tapas were the lamb meatballs in goat cheese and marinara(best I ever had); Fried artichoke hearts(perfectly prepared and delicious).

My favorite wine was the Dancing Lady Zinfandel(Napa Valley) with a full bodied, crisp taste. Ryan, is also a Sommelier; so I was very pleased with his recommendation.

For dessert, I really enjoyed their Molten chocolate cake with espresso ice cream.

The ambience is perfect for romantic couples but also quiet and classy enough for business meetings. There is also a very comfy lounge room adjacent to the Courtyard with a large window overlooking the activity on Melrose.

Vinoteque is the best Wine and Tapas restaurant I have been to in LA.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Great food. Eating outside seems the most popular, but in or out are both comfortable. Surprisingly, outside is perfect regardless of the weather.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

The food is always great. Last night tried the fried polenta which was fantastic along with the garlic shrimp. Happy hour wine is always quite good. The service is a little slow so if you want things faster you need to let your server know.

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We stumbled across this outdoor place on our way home and decided to stop by for a drink.

Pretty seating area but the service was very poor. We waited at least 30 min before someone took our order. Others tables were being served their drinks but we seemed to be the forgotten one.

The snack to share we ordered never arrived, but it wasn't on the bill so at least nothing to contest.

I will say however that the woman who sat us at our table was very lovely and kind to us.

I feel as though we just came at a bad time and that dinner might have been a better experience (based on reviews below).