“GReat small restaurant in LA”
Review of Eva - CLOSED

Eva
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Beverly and Gardner
Transit: We are located on Beverly Blvd. just east of Fairfax cross streets are Martel and Gardner.
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Eva is a restaurant that combines creative food with an informal ambience that makes you feel at home! IWe went on Sunday night, where they serve a fixed menu, with 4 different dishes and we allliked very much our food . Despite it's a fixed menum, they were flexible to attend our young kid dairy allergy needs. The only area that needs improvement is the wine selection of the menu

Reviewed 8 November 2011

We've been to Eva seven or eight times on Sunday nights, and I must say it is has been excellent all but once. On Sundays they serve a prix fixed menu, although they will make minor accommodations for dietary restrictions. The price includes wine and coffee if you want it. Every dish has been excellent, and the portions are just right (although they will apparently bring more if you ask). The price is more than fair for what you get. This place does it right, and I hope they make it -- but don't get so popular that we can't get a table!

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Eva is probably a great restaurant all-around but I have only gone for their wonderful prix-fixe family style dinner served each Sunday. We usually go there with friends -- often for special occasions -- about once a month and for a set price, the meal includes appetizer, salad, entree, dessert and your choice of red or white wine. They happily accommodate people with food allergies and avoidances (e.g. I don't eat meat). Aside from the delicious food, the restaurant is an attractive old house and it is easy to park.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Every Sunday Eva has a single prix-fixe dinner including four courses and wine. It's served family style. The food is incredibly good, the wine also excellent. You can ask for more of any course if it strikes your fancy. The quality of food and atmosphere are friendly yet sophisticated. The quality is extraordinary, and the chef/owner will come and visit at some point. The restaurant is excellent any time, but Sundays are particularly enjoyable. More places should do this -- showcase what they do well, keep it simple, and do it in a convivial atmosphere.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

And I don't like chicken! The owner/chef sold me on a chicken over a year ago, and even though I don't like chicken, and still give him hell about it, I did enjoy it! (Don't tell him.) This restaurant is a gem! The space is small, but comfortable, the service is very personal and the chef is usually around and quite personable. Most important, the food is among the best in the city (or anywhere, for that matter!). I dine here whenever I'm in LA, about 4-5 times a year, and every time my experience has been outstanding.