Open today: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great family activity and spectacular views

If you want a great family activity and spectacular views of Los Angeles from high on the hills, I... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Joanna424
Brewster, New York
Fun experience

Great experience! My daughter loved it, I was nervous since it was my first time but the horse were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
LunaSunny

Recommended experiences in and around Los Angeles
from US$416.60
from US$89.00
from US$89.00
from US$49.00
More Info
All reviews hour ride griffith park horse ride riding experience lovely horses afraid of heights sunset tour beginners guide horseback trail helmets bandana stables hollywood instructions safety
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Perhaps we are spoiled, but this ride was just a little boring. The horses seem really well taken care of and loved, and the instructors were funny and friendly (thought only paid if you tip them since they are volunteers!). Anywho, the equipment and horses were great, and the views were fantastic, but the horse ride itself was quite boring. No trotting or going over interesting terrain (creek, etc.), we simpley walked nose to tail on a wide open dirt path up and back. It wasn't BAD, but there was nothing interesting about this horse ride. One hour is PLENTY - would have pulled my eyes out to do two. Again, lovely people, lovely horses, lovely quarters, just a boring ride.

If this is a first time riding for someone, perhaps this is just what you need. But if you were looking for a little more umph in your walk, go the short 1 hour ride or give it a pass.

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Did the 1 hour horseback ride with my 12 and 14 year old boys. It was beautiful to ride through Griffith Park, amazing views and sweet horses. Something unique and memorable and safe Covid precautions taken. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Voyage787140
Reviewed 1 April 2021

All the staff was super friendly & set up was in accordance with current health requirements. The guides were super friendly and had plenty of info to share with us about the local area. The guides also brought waters out on trail and made sure to ask all the participants how they were feeling and if they needed any hydration. The views were spectacular. Can't wait to do this again.

Reviewed 24 March 2021

Really awesome expierence.. it was mine and my families 1st ride ever celebrated my daughter's 18th bday.. Our tour guides Gabby and Al were amazing.. very knowledgeable, talkative, and made the whole experience very memorable.. The views were beautiful.. and Highly suggest doing the 2hr ride.. It goes by so fast and worth it.. I am glad we decided to do it..We were paired up with amazing beautiful horses that really fit our personality which was funny.. I highly recommend Matrix ..he was gentle and just super easy.. Highly recommend..my family will definitely be going again

Reviewed 9 March 2021

It was my first time horseback riding and I was afraid of being terrible at it. Also I was worried about the horse walking along the edge of the path, since I am terrified of heights. However, the staff made sure I was comfortable getting on the horse (I got Buster who was such a darling). Our guide Fergie was very nice and helpful. The views were absolutely amazing! I’m so glad I got this experience and I can’t wait to do it again.