US$391
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$509
US$448
  • Restaurant
The LINE(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$316
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$260
US$239
  • Pool
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$260
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Hollywood Hills Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$226
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$527
US$467
Official Site
  • Beachfront
Hotel Normandie(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$240
US$199
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstaples centerfront deskfree parkingroom was cleanclose to downtownyogurtstayed one nightwithin walking distancebudget hotelthird floormicrowaveuber
Reviewed 16 January 2015

Location, location, location :) :) :) It was our first time in L.A. and had heard all kinds of stories about traffic and how difficult it was to get around. Wrong!!! The Rodeway Inn was close to frwy, downtown (mall=yay!) and cool neighborhoods (Koreatown and Mexican shops & restaurants). The minute we arrived we were made to feel very welcomed. The gentleman at reception was courteous, informative (events and nearby places of interest) and smiled (that's important). The Rodeway is clean, clean, clean. Breakfast is varied and plentiful; oatmeal, cereals, waffles, bagels, toast, yogurts, juices, coffee and FRESH FRUIT everyday!! The bed was comfy and the rooms immaculate. We had a mini-fridge (bought groceries at nearby supermkts and SAVED on eating out everyday), microwave and coffeemaker. Parking is first-come, first-served but very secure (locked gate)and by permit only. On New Year's Eve the lot WAS full but again the gentleman at reception bent over backwards and found us a spot. Thank you Frank (Francisco?) This is definitely a family-oriented Inn (as witnessed during breakfast time); no loud partyers. We will definitely recommend to family and friends. If there is any complaint...more of a suggestion, it would be to extend the breakfast hours. Currently breakfast is available from 7am to 9am; unfortunately, we did see several people turned away immediately after 9am. Maybe extending it until 10am? Toiletries were fine and linens FRESH & CLEAN :). Friendly staff all around. Fast food and 7 Eleven only two blocks away.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sandi h
laconventioninn, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property,
Your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your
Comments regarding our customer service and hotel cleanliness and location.
Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try every
day, to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip at Los Angeles.

Reviewed 16 January 2015

i was attending the people's choice awards last week and stayed at this hotel! Check in was smooth, the room was great! The staff was great! Super friendly and nice! The breakfast was great! And a mcdonalds and el pollo loco was just next door so I didn't have to drive around!

Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Jessica D
laconventioninn, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2015

Thank you for all the nice things you said about our hotel. It is appreciated.
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 January 2015

This hotel is a great value. Very well kept, nice but smaller rooms and property is secure for guests. This is about 10 blocks from LA Live, Staples Center and walkable but neighborhood along Olympic might give some concern. Bus available as well as cabs though distance is short. We felt the well kept condition and proximity to downtown LA made the choice a great value and we would return.

Room Tip: Doesn't make much difference. My preference is always higher floors but entire property seemed like a good choice.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your personal experience from your recent stay with us at Rodeway inn Convention Center Los Angeles Hotel. I am very happy to read that you had wonderful experience with us. We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2014

Unsafe. Dirty. Avoid if you're smart. This hotel does not have enough parking, as advertised. My family had to park blocks away after driving around and around a neighborhood ridden with prostitutes and drug addicts - not things I wanted my child to see on a family vacation. When we finally did find a parking space, we found human excrement on the curb next to the car. I would suggest that hotel staff park THEIR cars on the street and get rid of their reserved spaces. The front desk clerk was rude about the whole thing, and recommended I park my car in an illegal space. I will never stay here again. I would be afraid to.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel - any rooms but the ones at this hotel would be better.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank answeringquestions
laconventioninn, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2014

I’m concerned about the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our service and facilities, I want you to know that comments and suggestion are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I’d like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.

Once again I apologize for the disappointing experience you had at our hotel.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment your concerns with us. There’s no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 December 2014

ON 9/27/14 I walked close to midnight - the attendant Jasmin was a lovely Indian girl. She was very professional, we talked about lobby being very warm, she turned fan while completing my transaction for a 2 night stay. She asked for a credit card. My card did not go through. So I paid CASH, she said the total would include an additional $100 for incidentals. I had to physically go to my car, and get more cash. I returned with a crisp $100 bill i had gotten from my bank in my home town. I "assumed" my deposit would be recorded in the computer as any other REPUTABLE hotel would do. My mistake I did not get a receipt. After my second night, I asked to extend my stay for a 3rd night - which I was asked to also pay cash. I distinctly asked the attendant if I needed to pay additional for incidentals. I was told "NO - Your 100 dollars cash will be good."
Day of check out on 9/29/2014 I had to rush out of hotel to make my appointment! I left and forgot to stop by front desk to get my deposit back. I NEVER pay cash for incidentals, and completely forgot. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I had to travel elsewhere that during my check in at another hotel I REMEMBERED I HAD NEVER CLAIMED MY CASH DEPOSIT FROM my last stay at the Rodeway Inn LA Convention Center. I immediately called, attendant looked in the computer, and said was very busy with customers at the counter but would get back to me. He never did. I called back. He said, "I didn't find any money in your account." I left an urgent message on Azad the Manager's cell # which he never replied to. Instead I received a COOKED INVOICE of my stay at this property showing payment for the 3 nights CASH, CASH, CASH. Interestingly? NO RECORD OF A CASH DEPOSIT is listed on my receipt. Suspicious as heck, because NEVER in my life *think about your experiences* have I ever been allowed to check into a room WITHOUT a credit card deposit for incidentals. THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME my credit card did not go through due to a bank error neverthe less, the attendant Jasmin repeated to me "it is POLICY and we need a 100.00 DEPOSIT if you are paying cash." Boy, do I wish I would have gotten a receipt. So I have reported this property to the Chamber of Commerce, the IRS, and local police authorities. THIS PROPERTY NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED - and Azad, the Manager - if you have nothing to hide, why do you remain silent ? NOT ONE PHONE CALL, NOT ONE EMAIL from you acknowledging my concern and my money. Was it worth keeping my $100? and from one loyal customer whose past review talked about your property as "my home away from home?" Whose first pick when I came to LA was this property? It is extremely hurtful and I feel taken advantage of. NO EFFORTS have been made by this property to "investigate" my concern. I have simply been given the COLD SHOULDER. Was it worth $100.00 ? I cautione EVERYONE strongly to look elsewhere for a room stay. It is SHAMEFUL they think they can stiff a loyal customer. (Sadly their housekeeping crew is more honest than management and front desk! ) I have left stuff behind and they turned it in. LEARN a lesson from your own Housekeeping staff, and SHOW THE COURTESY and HONESTY to investigate on your own … perhaps one of your attendants pocketed my money? Is it in your safe unclaimed? I am going to hope you do find the money for your own sake because if you have an employee or a manager who is pocketing your customers' cash YOUR PROPERTY'S REPUTATION is at stake. CHOICE HOTELS…. If this is a FRANCHISE, YOUR NAME IS AT STAKE HERE. I N V E S T I G A T E this property soon! I know there are cameras in that place. Surely especially ona midnight check in you must have PROOF of me coming in, going out to my car, returning both times door was locked and Jasmin had to open the door. OH yes, fyi, Jasmin no longer works there, I was told. I expect to hear from CHOICE HOTELS CORPORATE given that Azad, Mgr. is too busy or to address my concern.

Room Tip: Stay away: They stole my cash deposit. Demand a receipt if you must stay here and check your statement - you may find additional charges!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Corina I

First and foremost I would like to apologize for all the delays you experienced to get a response regarding your previous complaint of our hotel staff. At Rodeway Inn Los Angeles Convention center we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests and to maintain a reputation of honesty and integrity and this type of accusation has never been made of any of our employees.
Therefore we ask you to give us a second opportunity to show you we’ve done every effort possible to figure out what happened to your deposit. According to Jesmin the front desk associate who assisted you at check in a cash deposit was never given nor manually logged but a $111.80 deposit was held on credit card ending #4482 which explains why a cash deposit was not necessary. Moreover, we would like to email you a copy of the previous hold on your credit card in order for you to verify the hold has been released and ultimately to amend your negative perception of our hotel staff and give us another chance to serve you in the future.