“Port Seat & Dine”

Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harbor Blvd
Description: Ports O’ Call Restaurant is everything that a waterfront dining should be, the setting, the food the service, in a comfortable unrushed atmosphere that is simultaneously cozy and classy, equally suited for romantic dinners and business conference. Our menu is quite varied but not overwhelming, definitely there are enough choices to ensure that every guests dining preferences will be accommodated. Ports O Call Restaurant has a well deserved reputation for serving only the finest, freshly prepared cuisine and for its skilled courteous staff, dedicated to making each guest’s dining experience a memorable occasion. Happy Hour: Monday to Friday 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm ( No happy hour on major holidays ) $4.00 for house wine, domestic beer and premium well drinks. Complementary appetizers, and half price on selected food items
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We have been going here for over 40 years and have always ha great experience. The food is very good and service is excellent. We love to sit and watch the boats and ships go by with great table service no crowds.

Have a fun filled day at the harbor watching ships sail by "Beautiful"..

4 Stars

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We experienced this as the alternative to the popular (but sometimes overcrowded) San Pedro Fish Market. On that day, a Sunday afternoon, the lines were very long there, and someone in the line suggested we try Port O'Call. On another day we also went to the Fish Market, so comparison is unavoidable – especially since, if you've come down to this area, you can easily choose one or the other within a short walk. Port O'Call is a standard table service restaurant with a harbor view. In our experience, service was generally,good but a bit slower than ideal. The seafood items we chose were all quite good, not memorably great, but well prepared and fresh. Prices are reasonable for this type of dining. With nice weather, sitting outside will be pleasant. I wouldn't call it a great view there – a lot of ships and docks with cargo cranes – but at least there's a water view. If you are not up for the crowded, noisy, very informal experience of the Fish Market and want a calmer dining experience, this is a reasonable choice.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Does it really take 20 minutes to get a tiny bowl of clam chowder and calamari? And does it take 20 minutes for the waiter to bring the bill of sale after request? The lobster was way over cooked and the fries were worse than the fries at In-and-Out Burgers. The waiter joked inappropriately with some of the guests. I heard him tell a lady to whom he gave the bill of sale, "Remember to include my tip." Who says that?

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We are still in shock from the horrendous service we received tonight. I am not a fish eater so I ordered the New York Strip and specifically requested medium rare - pink to reddish center. When the first attempt came from the kitchen, there was a small bit of pink in the center and the bulk of it was grey. I informed the waitress and she tried to tell me it was medium rare. I was shocked that she would say that, especially since I always order steak and know what medium rare is even though this restaurant apparently does not and because I clearly stated how I wanted it. She finally went to get another and within a couple minutes returned with a raw steak and left it and didn’t return to see how it was. By the time I saw her again, the rest of our party was done with dinner and then she proceeded to argue again that the first one was good. She was really rude and so we asked for the manager and sadly he was equally ignorant of what customer service is and did a repeat of her arguement, tried to blame the lighting, and said they could not try again. In all reality, they could have cooked the second steak a little longer. So-DO NOT go to this restaurant if you don’t eat fish or if you care about being treated properly. In years of eating at some of the finest restaurants and some of the most humble, I have NEVER had an experience like this and should have read the reviews of others before walking through their doors. To be fair, if you don’t mind be a zero on the customer service scale, the other diners said the seafood was pretty good.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Everyone loved their food. Nice day, attentive staff.
We sat outside on the patio overlooking the water and got the fish and chips, salmon and steak.