“Peaceful Oasis”

The Brentwood Inn
Ranked #9 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 March 2015

I stayed at the Brentwood Inn this past weekend to visit my son who lives in Brentwood. It is so charming and convenient. My room was cozy, clean and comfortable. The staff is wonderful….the coffee is hot..and the bed was really comfie. Free parking is a really nice perk! I will be back again and again.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Beanie88

Reviewed 27 February 2015

This was my second stay at The Brentwood Inn, and I doubt I will stay anywhere else because of the welcoming people and comfortable stay.
The location was perfect for us, quite close to everywhere we wanted to be really and Brentwood is a perfect area on its own where we enjoyed a few workouts and brunches just a 20 minute walk away (sometimes you just feel like walking!). Yet, driving to Venice, Santa Monica, Malibu, Beverly Hills, the airport was very convenient.
The rooms are small but very comfortable and totally clean. They have a fridge which is convenient and I found the power of water in the shower great! Free wifi was also a great plus.
Best of all, I loved the staff at reception: they were the friendliest people I have ever come across and they are so genuine. We got the best advice on restaurants and ended up going to the trendiest and most delicious LA restaurants, and had the best few days there thanks to them.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Q8970
Reviewed 24 February 2015 via mobile

Ah, the small hotel experience, and in the unlikeliest of locations. No doubt most Angelenos cruising down Sunset Boulevard never notice the Brentwood Inn. It seems slightly out of place among the tall trees and trendy homes. But travelers, hear me. This is one fine little hotel. Nothing fancy but the rooms are clean, quiet and the beds are better than most. Staff consisted of one person at the front desk who checked me in and escorted me to the room. Had a bit of a bed and breakfast feel but the rooms, though small-ish, maximize every square inch of space. Trendy furnishings, wood shutters, low lighting, a big shower and a great bed with serious sheets (did I mention it had a great bed?) made the room cushy comfy. Breakfast is limited to baked goods, yogurt, coffee & juices but for the price-- in this neighborhood--it can't be topped. I don't like to complain about things that are un-fixable but travelers should know that getting to the hotel parking lot can be a challenge. If you're coming from the east down Sunset, the properties location makes it virtually impossible to turn into without going down a block and turning around on a side street. Traffic headed east continuously blocks the entrance. But once you navigate that, this little charmer is worth it. Ask for one of the rooms in the back. A little quieter. Almost forgot--free parking too.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank rwndrr
Reviewed 19 February 2015

This is a great little motel in a great area. It is an older motel, but that just added to the charm of the place. It was fantastic in every way. The staff were outstanding, the included breakfast was good, the car parking is easy and the room was very clean. Unfortunately I arrived during peak hour, so it was really hard to get into the driveway. That was the only issue I had. I could not have been happier with my one night stay here, and I would both stay again and recommend this motel.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Troy R
Reviewed 1 February 2015

The Brentwood Inn was our home base for a week in LA. We booked a larger room with a patio, and we were glad we did. Parking right outside the room is a terrific plus. Location was central to everything we wanted to do. Thanks to Elizabeth for her warm welcome and recommendations each morning. Thanks to Britten for making sure the wifi was working. Equivalent comfort would be much more expensive anywhere else in LA. And nothing was better than the Getty and the short drive to the beach at Santa Monica for lunch. Highly recommend, but definitely book a larger room. Can't match the service anywhere...Worth the money!

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Santa Monica
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica
#19 of 36 in Santa Monica

Been to The Brentwood Inn? Share your experiences!