“Horrible Experience”

Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.
Ranked #141 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 17 September 2017

the hotel staff is not aware of a term called customer satisfaction. If you ask anything they either answer with i dont know or i didnt do!!! I called for a simple query on why the cups were not kept in the room and was told that they didnt do.. Now i am not sure who is they and why should i be concerned with 'they'. i called up with a problem and that should be solved. The front desk person actually kept down teh phone saying that they didnt do and i cant do anything. if you want, you can come to reception to take the cup!!! that is the customer service. if you ever are in trouble in this hotel, you are in for great trouble since there is none to take any responsibility here. I have dropped a mail to their customer service , lets see the response there

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank agrawal_pinky
zapatamagaly, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us on your recent trip to Los Angeles.
I have related the following with our front department to prevent instances like these from reoccurring. We hope that this does not prevent you from staying with our hotel partners in your next trip but that you allow us an opportunity to provide you with the satisfaction you deserve.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Great start to our trip down under.los Angeles is a very large city so recommend bus tour on first day and tick off where you like to further visit then get uber taxi! Days in is situated just right and is fairly basic but has pool and staff are very friendly and helpful.good area to stay within easy walking distance of Hollywood boulevard.Recommend visit to Santa Monica and good walk along beach to Venice,full of fun and plenty to eat and drink.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
zapatamagaly, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us on your recent trip to Los Angeles.
We value your feedback as it serves us with areas of improvement. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and hope to see you next time you are in Los Angeles!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Good amenities, good location, good price, very nice breakfast and good rooms.
I just don´t give 5 stars because it seems they don´t have an e-mail address and since I´m from Brazil, it´s not simple to make a phone call.
If the manager see this message, please give-me an e-mail contact because I need to talk with you about a charging that is in my credit card. I have one charging which is OK but another one I don´t know where it came from and it´s not in my receipt as well.
Please, keep in touch with my by an e-mail address.

Many thanks,
Christian Mota

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2017

The staffer working the front desk late in the evening was a caricature of poor service. It was so bad, it was almost funny. He showed little interest in doing his job and just went through the motions with the least amount of effort possible on his part.

While checking us in, he mumbled something through the protective glass wall that presumably keeps him safe from guests. After we asked him 3 times to repeat his question, we finally realized he was telling us that he is supposed to ask us if we want the property gift or do we decline. I asked what the property gift was and he just shrugged his shoulders. Then, without explaining where our room was or how to get there, where to park the car, how to access the internet or when breakfast is, he slid our room keys under the glass partition. We had to specifically ask where to park the car and how we access the garage.

While waiting for check in, I noticed a white board in the office with a handwritten scrawl that says room 310, bathroom light not working properly. There were also some other notes about things that don't work, but I didn't give any of the information much thought.

We get to our room and I tried to access the internet. I surmised what the username and password might be based on the note on the key packet, but it doesn't work. I called the front desk. Same guy answered the phone, "mumble, mumble, this is _____. If you are looking for a room, we don't have any." He did not even notice that I called from inside the hotel. It turned out that the password is all lower-case, even though the word written on the card was not written in all lower case.

My husband goes to use the bathroom and the light turned off. We can't get it to turn back on. You guessed it, we were in room 310 (the one with the light that doesn't work well). I try to reach the front desk, but no one picked up the line. I don't know if it was because the front desk guy was lazy, stepped away or didn't want to talk to me again. But there was no other way to leave a message and I didn't want to go back downstairs, so I gave up for the night since he already told me there were no other rooms for the night. We used a shoe to prop open the door to allow light into the bathroom.

I guess I should also add that yesterday before we left home I had to call 5 times during the late morning/early afternoon to get someone to pick up so that I could tell them we would be a late arrival. I let the phone ring so long each time that the phone company finally just disconnected the call the first 4 times. This hotel clearly needs to focus their efforts on re-training their staff.

I am giving this hotel 3 stars as the room was clean and generally well-maintained. It has free parking and was fairly close to Dodger Stadium so it was convenient to stay there after a concert. Our room was in the back of the hotel so there was no street noise. However, we could hear conversations from the room next door in the morning. So be prepared with ear plugs.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UCLABruin84-87
zapatamagaly, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Allow me to apologize in advance for the service that was experienced during your stay. I have communicated the following with the front desk attendant who attended you. We have taken corrective measures to ensure that the quality of the brand is being maintained. We understand the frustration that comes with hearing someone over a glass window. Our glass window is to ensure the safety of our employees it is not due to the neighborhood but we try to ensure everyone's safety even at night time. I have made the suggestion for all desk attendants to speak clear through the glass so that we prevent issues like these from reoccurring in the future. We hope this does not prevent you from staying with us in the near future but that you allow us an opportunity to provide you with superior service.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

There is likely no way we would choose this hotel again. We were attending a granddaughter's graduation at USC and wanted to be near the campus. Although advertised as such, this hotels was 30 minutes from USC. In a bad part of town. No decent dining establishments nearby. Rooms clean but some common area windows were in need of Windex. Eating area clean but very cramped. Biggest complaint: not guest-service oriented. To accommodate a medical health issue, extra pillows were needed for elevated sleeping. Other hotels have always accommodated our request for the extra pillows. Not this one. This hotel declined our request, saying that housekeeping supply was locked up at 5. Unbelievable.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert C
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us on your recent trip to Los Angeles.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our entire team for failing to exceed your expectations. We are sorry to hear that our property did not meet your standards.
I have communicated the following to our entire team so that we are able to provide superior service to you and any future guest