“Fantastic French dinner in LA”
Review of A Food Affair

A Food Affair
Reserve with OpenTable
A Food Affair is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #470 of 10,843 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2017

We have been to France many times, not just Paris, Lyon but also to Provenance, Bordeaux, etc. What this restaurant offers is great French bistro food. The tastes are very genuine, classic French. We had two appetizers, 4 entrees and 3 desserts among 4 people. Every dish was fantastic. For appetizers, the escargot was not the classic style. But the sauce was excellent. For the entrees, the most spectacular were the bouillabaisse and the beef bourguignon. As for desserts, the creme caramel was one of the best I have had in recent years. We have been to many French restaurants in LA. This has now become our new favorite.

1  Thank Ray820

Reviewed 20 July 2017

This restaurant participates in Dine LA and what a great way to try it. I had the beef bourguignon and it was very good. Tender and flavorful. My favorite was the mushroom tart appetizer. I like things I could in no way make at home and both these dishes qualify! This is a small restaurant so a reservation is a smart idea. After our meal we had a visit from the chef! What a nice surprise. They make you feel welcome and are happy to talk about the food. They obviously take care and pride in what they do. There is street parking around the corner in the residential area at night for free. It's Dine LA right now so go give it a try!

1  Thank RandRCalifornia
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I went there with a group of friends and it was a perfect place , you could hear everyone talking and the food was the best : quenelle really good , crabe cake excellent, lamb shank quite big and cooking was made with love ! Wine Montagne St Emilion : perfect ! The service excellent : professional , efficient and very pleasant .. nice crew ...
I will go back anytime !

1  Thank paris1962
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Quiet hole-in-the-wall restaurant in West Los Angeles. Had the escargot and crab cakes for appetizer. Duck and sea bass for main entree. Creme brûlée and lemon tart for dessert. All moderately priced and delicious. Attentive service, good wine list, and the rustic ambiance is much appreciated.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

What a delicious find! My husband and I went to the afternoon theater matinee and then to an early dinner at A Food Affair. It is a small, cozy place to have great wine and great food. The portions are small but filling. I had the flash fried red snapper (that was not small!) that was a sheer delight. The service was friendly and pleasant. Was surprised though that roasted chicken was not on menu. Highly recommend.