“Stellar Service, Delicious Food, Homey Environment”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zapoteca Restaurant
Ranked #5,278 of 11,724 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I usually post when I travel and not so much locally and I am cringing as I write this because it means more people to share this gem of a restaurant with... We usually head down south to El Burrito Jr on Hawthorne Blvd (another worthy Mexican standard). This past weekend, we decided to shake things up and try something different. SO glad we did. This place is in high demand, so there is a wait most of the time. We got lucky a tiny booth opened up for just us two right away.

The place is super cozy and only has about 20 booths/tables. Soccer is on the tv and traditional decorations adorn the walls.

The service is SPOT ON and super friendly. Food is terrific! When my Steak Rancheros came out with cheese and I specified none, they offered to replace out the whole platter. I said, just bring me a side of beans with no cheese (where the cheese was). They actually replated the meal with new (no queso) beans because it looked better! What!? I purveyor who cares about the product and experience of their customers, how rare!!!

I can safely say I have new "Amigos" in the staff at Zapoteca. Well worth the wait. We will be back soon and often.