“W O N D E R F U L”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Harbour
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Don't know where to start... I normally visit twice a month with my dad for lunch but had to bring my husband here because he was missing out. They serve an amazing sauce/cheese appetizer with bread that is amazing. It is so tempting to make a meal out of just that that you need to control yourself. We had calamari as an appetizer that is cooked to perfection. OMG, next we had pasta with meat sauce that is the absolute best - honest!! I had halibut and my husband had chicken masala -- both were delicious!

The service is wonderful. What a perfect meal!

Reviewed 1 March 2016

Neil's was suggested to us by a young man (Russel) at the hotel we were staying, he promised that we would not be disappointed and he was right. The place is nice and cozy and you are welcomed by great staff, the service was friendly and the food was Wow! especially the Tequila shrimp. Fresh hot bread served with a mascarpone and marinara sauce, homemade soups to start with followed by great pastas. Neil the owner and chef came by to chat with to see if everything was to our satisfaction and invited us to come back when in town. Will definitely go back next time we cruise out of San Pedro.

1  Thank LiseMike85
Reviewed 30 November 2015

This cozy little place offers great Italian home cooking along with a beautiful fireplace to snuggle up to. Nice little bar too. The Lasagana was so well prepared you wanted to ask for more. My wife and I split the entre with their house salad and it was more than enough for us. All their seafood is prepared fresh and usually caught the day before.
Good wine selection by the glass and especially the bottle.

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

I was dressed super casual so I offered to sit at the bar to have my meal solo. What a friendly staff. Then I ordered the house specialty the Tequila Shrimp and a green salad with the house Cabernet. All excellent all served with a smile. The tequila shrimp is an appetizer but the shrimp were really large prawns....the sauce is to die for. I met Neil who 18 years ago worked for someone else. He pulled together all the good people he used to work with and now these excellent professionals work at Neils. It is like a family serving you...most have been there for the 17 years. I highly recommend this quaint place. I can get noisy in the big room.

Reviewed 22 August 2015

Like another recent reviewer our experience was also "Unfortunate". Again, the ambiance and wait staff were excellent. It's in a beautiful, quaint setting. The meal started off with an excellent selection of bread and a delicious red sauce with mozzarella cheese dip. The salads were adequate. However, my wife and I decided to share a steak. It was probably the worst piece of steak I have ever eaten, anywhere. The seasoning was a bland, garlic-ie something that I really can't describe. It was one step above sending it back, which we just chose not to do as we were both very tired from work and travel. The side veggies were also lackluster. We just paid the $70 and left.

Again wonderful atmosphere and service. Judging from the other reviews we should have stayed with the Italian cuisine. Again, most unfortunate.