“I'll Never Eat Here Again!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Several of us ate at this restaurant following our visit to the Japanese Gardens. I ordered the fisherman's catch (their equivalent of fish and chips) and the white fish was covered in a very heavy batter. There was very little fish inside. The shrimp were okay. The fries were soggy and limp. I could not eat the coleslaw since it was bad to say the least. I would have complained but after having dropped off the food we never saw the waitress again until we got the bill. I would have loved to have had more water. I have nothing good to say about this place. Eat elsewhere!

Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

We came here for brunch, the place is ok, i liked the tables facing the street... I ask if they have fresh orange juice, by that i mean just squeezed real orange juice, they of course bringed me a boxed named "fresh" orange juice. For me that is a total negative teview already, a complain, return and do not even charge it!! Of course they did charge it. So i complain even more. There is no game of words in "fresh" for orange juice. But my friend really loves the place, i must say they have great options for every type of dish, like lots of eggs, lots of "benedict" variation of eggs, and lots of yummy pancakes so yes, the place is very good, the food is great. Unfortunatelly they do mot have any fresh juice which i really think they should if its a country kitchen...

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Millies is strong in their breakfast menu and also their luncheon (sandwich or late snack) fare, but they are lacking in their dinner entree selections. They do offer very good fried chicken, though, one of their house specialties. Service is friendly, and atmosphere is old style family dining. A far better choice than Denny's, and certainly a lot classier than fast food. We eat there a lot, but rarely for dinners.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

A nice family place with senior portions for the seniors. Price is $ average. Food is very good. Service has always been good:-)

Reviewed 18 November 2012

In an area in which Denny's is haute cuisine, Millie's stands out and above its competition, which is Wendy's or Jack in the Box, or, of course, Denny's. We told the waitress we did not want salty or spicy food, and to warn us if we ordered something we'd regret. She asked that our selections be made without seasoning - and they were wonderful! We had the sirloin and bleu cheese salad, minus the bleu cheese!, and the taco salad with grilled chicken. The steak was cooked rare as ordered, although the menu offers only medium and well-done. The huge taco shell was light and puffy, not a heavy corn tortilla. Both salads were made with tons of fresh lovely salad greens and nicely presented meat. We asked for dressing to be on the side, which was good, since the taco dressing turned out to be what looked and tasted like sweetened mayonnaise. The salsa was far better! We ate far beyond being full, since our salads were so good. The decor is 1950s and 1960s Life Magazine covers and a variety of objects on high shelves around the rooms, a bit interesting to look at while waiting for food. The location is on Van Owen at Balboa.