All reviews basketball hoop ping pong table large kitchen noise curtains
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

I visited right after New Year's when it was very low occupancy so that might alter my image of the place. The rooms are big and each room has a full kitchen with table plus a bathroom witg changing room. well thought-out off and well-designed place. bunk beds could be a little bit less flimsy and have more head room. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Very secure parking and very great communal Hangouts. I would definitely recommend this place

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2015

The vibe is a groovy old place that has that lazy motel feel. Its in the right spot and has been renovated to a clean fresh standard and style. Little grungy and noisy but hey the vibe is cheap and tidy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 4 November 2014

You can save a lot of money by staying at The Vibe Hotel - really a hostel - in Hollywood, but, if you like a night's rest, you will be sorry. I have had up and down experiences with hostels around the U.S., Europe, and in Canada. The American Youth Hostels usually provide a better experience, the the independent ones can be a pig in the poke.

I got a single room, thinking I am too old (in my 40s) for a dorm. Price was $79 per night, including taxes. Even still, it was the wrong choice. This is a late '50s courtyard style motel (probably unique to Southern Cal).The kids were having parties almost every night until midnight. Then they would be talking loudly until one or two. My louvers had to be open to the courtyard, as the a.c. in my room didn't work. They never fixed it, and I was there for twelve nights. There was reception on only one station on the T.V. They have free Internet in little pod areas, but it didn't work about two thirds of the time. I really have no other complaints (can't beat the neighborhood or the tour discounts they give), but walking around bleary-eyed and overheated is enough to spoil my vacation. I will not make this mistake again. There are other motels in Hollywood. You will pay more, but you will not walk around in a fog from lack of sleep or comfort.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Stuart K
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Also called Bannana Bungalow. Nice location, a little down on Hollywood Blvd but in walking distance to everything. Safeish location. You have to walk past 2 car yards to get there but I never felt unsafe walking at night. Hostel was clean and staff were friendly. The free breakfast was a plus & cheap dinners too !

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sashkm
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place is amazing for what it is. We paid under $100 per night for private accommodation which came with a full kitchen! On Hollywood Boulevarde no less!!! There are also dorm roooms at very reasonable prices.
Breakfast is included and involves cereal, toast and tea/coffee. Access is secure which increases a sense of security and parking is complimentary.
The hotel offers entertainment, tours and cheap meals and we even had free tacos one night!
there is free wifi, use of computers, baby- foot, table tennis and a basketball hoop. Our room had interesting artwork, cable tv and a/c.
this is a very relaxed place to be that attracts single and family travellers from around the world. I would definately come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family