“Beautiful Place, Can't Read”

InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Ranked #9 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 August 2016

I booked this location for a one night stay since we were in town to celebrate my friends birthday and wanted somewhere nice to lay our heads. As usually, booking through the IHG website was seamless. I took the time to fill our a questioner after creating my reservation and was looking forward to some custom requests. These requests were simple: additional pillows, softer down pillows, a room away from the elevators and I made sure to mention we were celebrating a birthday. Upon our arrival, service was as to be expected. We received our room keys and headed upstairs only to find our room is the first one out of the elevator... strike one. After entering the room, I find two firm pillows on each bed... strike two and three. After settling in, I had a look around and noticed no special card/notes stating "welcome and happy birthday".... this was strike four(even though that isn't a thing). In the end, the hotel is beautiful but someone missed the mark with customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ICLAHotelManagement, Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear Justin G,

On Behalf of the Hotel Management and staff, please accept my sincere apologies regarding the sub-par experience during your visit to the hotel. It is clear there was a communication lapse, hence the missed opportunity. This is certainly a learning experience for us as a hotel, rest assured we will take advantage of this opportunity.

Again, my sincere apologies we failed to meet your expectations, however encourage you to kindly reach out to me personally should you decide to join us in the future. It would be a pleasure to ensure we extend the usual InterContinental Hospitality.

All the very best,

Assistant Director of Room Operations.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,148)

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Staff service was excellent. I went there for anniversary and they provided us delicious chocolates with a bottle of champagne. The only improvement needed may be larger bathroom/shower area and cheaper parking.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear VvilliamC,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent hotel experience. We are glad you enjoyed your time while you visited the hotel, from the clean and comfortable room to the efficient service you received from our staff. It is gratifying to read comments such as this, and we will be sure to share your notes with our team.

We sincerely appreciate your valuable time and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

This hotel is very modern and elegant! Stayed 2 nights in room 1207. Beautiful and clean suite with a small living area and separate bedroom. Windows and balcony on one side offering beautiful views. But the room got terribly hot with the afternoon sun. The bed was so soft and comfortable with nice linens. The pool area was OK. There is an area that is covered if you don't want to be in the direct sun. Nearby construction could be heard in the pool area, so not as relaxing as I would have hoped for. This hotel is in a more business area from what I can tell as I did not do much driving around. There was a mall within walking distance. Walked there for lunch. The mall was undergoing some renovations, so a lot of construction going on.

Room Tip: Room 1207 in the summer may get very warm.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

Dear Chelibug,

Thank you for your detailed notes regarding your hotel experience and I am pleased to read you had a good time during your visit. We pride ourselves in the products and services we provide to our guests and your comments validates our continued efforts to making the InterContinental Los Angeles a location where guests loves.

Thanks again for taking the time to write, we truly appreciate your valued business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the very best,

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I had left an item of clothing out on the bed while I out for the day - and lo and behold, after I returned and housekeeping had had their way with it, it was nowhere to be seen. I asked reception to see if it had perhaps "gotten lost" with the linen changing to give housekeeping a chance to do the honorable thing and return it, but despite asking front desk/security several times, I did not get an update as to whether or not it had showed up. The hotel staff said they would contact me with an update after I checked out, but I have not heard anything since.

This is extremely disappointing for a hotel of this calibre.

Also, we were promised a cupcake and mineral water when we checked into our room for being a Gold Elite member, but nothing of the sort was given.

Lesson of the day: if you want to keep your items - keep it under lock and key.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank xtwynkle
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear xtwynkle,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I'm not an Intercontinental regular, as I typically stay at other hospitality providers when traveling for business and leisure, but this place was great.

Some of the common areas were a bit tired, but the gym was well-quipped, the breakfast was well executed, and the room was fantastic.

The room in particular, was the most impressive component. I had a small terrace and wraparound glass, with tremendous views.

Room Tip: I had a standard room and it was really well-appointed
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Westside
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
#13 of 358 in Los Angeles

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!