The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza(Los Angeles)
  • Room Service
Kawada Hotel(Los Angeles)
  • Free Internet
The NoMad Hotel Los Angeles(Los Angeles)
  • Breakfast included
3,009 results
All reviewsdowntown larevolving loungetrue liesred towerheavenly bedhuge hotelfloor to ceiling windowsstarbucks coffeetop floorroom servicethe financial districtvalet parkingdowntown locationconvention centerstaples centerlobby barper night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We got to the hotel, and it was beautiful! Then, we got to our room, and the bed wasn't made, so we had to switch rooms. The next room was OK. The real problem was when we went to check out. They had an inadequate front desk. We went to the counter, and our card was declined. The front desk was pretty judgemental, refusing to call the bank and straighten it out, making us feel humiliated. It turned out that our bank was refusing the charge because the front desk was not running it properly, and was trying to charge us twice (which we found out for ourselves when we called the bank after they refused to). They treated us like we couldn't afford to pay our bill (it couldn't possibly be their fault right?), it was all resolved very simply once we talked with our bank, and got a different desk worker who knew what she was doing. As a result of their mistake, our colleague was late for the flight we were taking her to, and her travel plans were ruined, making her late getting home for Mother's Day. We will not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Czarcinski, General Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the challenges you experienced. I will share the comments with our rooms teams. This is not the norm and I appreciate you letting us know so we can better prepare our team to serve you in the future. If Downtown Los Angeles is part of your future plans please give us another opportunity to serve.Thank you, MC

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed at the Westin Bonaventure for several nights to attend a conference at the LA convention center. The hotel is huge with 3-4 separate towers...I was in the Blue. The staff was OK. Didn't always seem too knowledgeable of the area. I asked which direction to head for shopping once and another time a specific address (on South Figueroa Street) to an Avis rent-a-car, both times they weren't sure which direction to send me. The room itself was fine and the amenities were good. The Heavenly bed just as comfortable as at other Westin's. Cons: Charging $12.95 per day for internet and paper thin walls. My first night I was awakend at 3am by the party next to me...2 guys and a loud woman. The next morning I could hear a entire business meeting carried on in the room on the opposite side of me. Also, could hear the guests in the room above me through the vents from time to time. Enjoyed using the fitness room, which was large and well appointed. Experienced the main bar/restaurant in the lobby, where the service and food were perfectly fine. Wouldn't refuse to stay here again, but hope to experience something else on my next LA visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your group choosing the Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles for the event. When at the hotel in the future internet access is complimentary in our lobby. If you are a SPG Gold or Platinum member internet is also complimentary in the rooms. Soory about the party next door. Some times guests forget about their neighbors. Just call our security team and we will remind them about the quiet enjoyment of their neighbors. Thank you again. MC

Reviewed 12 May 2012

My husband and I attended a movie premiere at the Nokia Theater and we stayed at the Westin Bonaventure. This was our first time at this Westin and people told me "you can get a good room or a bad room". The hotel is showing its age; the elevators are on the outside so you can get a view of the city. The room was pretty clean (housekeeping left a few dirty spots on one nightstand); the bathroom was clean however. My husband loved the bed. I thought it was okay. All in all, it was a good stay. The Westin's customer service was excellent. The staff helpful and friendly. We were on the 30th floor and had a great view of the city. The revolving lounge on the 35th floor is very nice. If you have the chance you should check it out.

Room Tip: If you like a view, choose a top floor is available.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for chosing the Westin Bonaventure while in Los Angeles for your visit to LA Live. When in town this is a great way to see other parts of Downtown in a Iconic landmark hotel. Thanks for visiting The Bonavista Lounge and if time permits try LA Prime during your next stay the Steaks and Seafood are fantastic.
Thaks again, MC

Reviewed 10 May 2012

This place is fantastic! I am so glad to be writing this review! I am actually still a guest in the hotel (one more night!) but the service here has been so phenomenal that I couldn't wait to get home to write this review. Everyone from the second I pulled up to the moment my phenomenal dinner (get the room service salmon - you would be doing yourself a disservice if you missed it) has been absolutely amazing and beyond accommodating. I have stayed in luxury hotels and not gotten this level of service. The hotel looks great, my room is clean and very comfortable and pretty spacious! I don't think I will be staying anywhere else in L.A. and I travel here quite often for both business and pleasure. I will look forward to staying here and making it my home away from home. I just have to say it again because I am so pleasantly surprised - the staff is so nice! Great job Westin! I got the hotel on Priceline and wasn't expecting this! Awesome! Pros: Clean, Good Looking Hotel, Lots of Amenities, Staff is Super Friendly, Comfortable, Food is Excellent Cons: It's in downtown LA so it can take a sec to get placed during rush hour but that's really anywhere in L.A. (Oh and there are several towers - I am in the red tower and I would request a high floor in the red tower as I can't speak for the other towers.) Just for the record - out of all of the staff I have to give special props to Jackie from room service - she was amazing and went above and beyond - super friendly and just put the most positive spin on my stay. Thanks Jackie!

Room Tip: Red Tower High Floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Em K

Thank you for the review. I will make sure Jackie gets recognized for her help and service. It is great that you chose The Westin Bonaventure while in Los Angeles. Yes sometimes traffic is busy but in the future remember the Metro trains. Just two blocks away trains can get you to Hollywood, Universal Studios and other great locations in the greater Los Angeles area. Thank you again, MC.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

The Westin is an architecturally interesting building with 3 round towers springing out of a giant atrium. The atrium is very inviting and centers around a very inviting round bar/restaurant. Several other bars and restaurants are located at the lobby level plus a few more on 2-3 additional levels to cater to the offices that are located at the bottom of the towers. The rooms are on the top floors and all have magnificent views. They have been redecorated to modern tastes and are very comfortable. No wait at the elevators, each tower has 4! Valet service is prompt, your car is there by the time you get to the parking level. Due to the number of bars and restaurants, the atrium stays busy until late so no need to run back to the room! Needless to say the gym is spacious and spotless. Very good choice in downtown LA!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank travelador

Thank you for the sparkling review. We appreciate you choosing the Westin Bonaventure while in Los Angeles. As you know the Bonaventure is famous for it's movie shoots. In July kep an eye out for the Bonaventure in the new Batman movie. Thanks again for the review.

MC