Ironically, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before checking into the Westin Bonaventure so I am able to do back-to-back experiences. In all honestly, I would choose another Holiday Inn Express in a heartbeat over the Westin Bonaventure.
First off, be prepared to pay a very high fee for parking. A ridiculous amount to be honest.
Checking in, I encountered a long line and a condescending hotel clerk. I mentioned to her that I had forgotten my Westin preferred card and she quickly told me that I could not use my card because "the business" made the reservation and paid for it. Huh? The business? Did she mean MY clinic? The one I one and run? The reservation I made and paid for? Every time I had contact with this woman, in fact, she was very rude and incredibly condescending to me. She never even apologized for my lack of towels in my room. She seemed put out by having to get me towels. She behaved as though it was a waste of her time to have to assist a guest with an issue.
After a long day, I could hardly wait to get back to my room, wash up, and jump in a Jacuzzi. I got to my room, went to wash my face and found there was no washcloth. I contacted the desk then waited 15 minutes for them to arrive. I put on my swim suit and headed for a much needed jacuzzi. Surprise!!! No jacuzzi!!! So, I headed back to my room. Maybe there was a jacuzzi to in the room I overlooked? Nope! Just a plain white tub. Coming out of the bathroom, I noticed an ugly stain on the carpet (see picture). It almost looked like someone stepped in blood.
I went to open the curtain for better light to view the stain and you can see the lovely view I had.
All in all, I would happily pay the price I paid at the Westin Bonaventure to stay at the Holiday Inn Express, but I would think twice about coming to the Westin Bonaventure again at any price. Not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the heart of the business district. An international symbol that has come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself, this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most photographed destinations in the world. Stroll through our atrium lobby and you'll immediately see why. Whether you're visiting for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting or special event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence of modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Suites
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin