It's true what the other reviewers say--book with a online discount agent.
The hotel was situated right off the 110. Exit off Whilshire and make a left at the first light, a right at 4th St, then a right at Flower St to get to the hotel parking. Hotel parking was $25 with unlimited entry but it's valet parking so you may have to tip. Toting your bags from this area may also be cumbersome so you may require a bellman--that translates to more tipping. After going up a set of escalators you will arrive on the main floor of the hotel. The main floor contains a vast assortment of water features.
Each elevator is designated by colour and shape. If you are afraid of heights this is not the hotel for you as the glass elevators provide a great view of the skyline as you head to your room.
I stayed on the 30th floor in the Red Tower. The room was satisfactory. The hotel has turn down service so don't be afraid to use it. The only downfall of the room was that they did not provide a minibar (even though there was a locked fridge). When I called downstairs for a refrigerator they said that there weren't any available. Why didn't they just unlock the fridge that was already in the room? Nevertheless, the robes and beds added a nice touch.
FYI: The pool is outdoors and is opened by hotel room key--although you can just stick your hand through the gate and open it from the other side! This isn't too comforting as the pool is easily accessible to the public from the street. The hotel should know that signs that mention it is only for the use of hotel guests don't always work
The Starbucks in the hotel lobby doesn't contain all of your favorites so you may have to go across the street to get your usual fix.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the heart of the business district. An international symbol that has come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself, this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most photographed destinations in the world. Stroll through our atrium lobby and you'll immediately see why. Whether you're visiting for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting or special event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence of modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Suites
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin