The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
  • Breakfast included
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
US$289
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$135
US$147
US$139
  • Restaurant
The Beverly Hills Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$621
US$519
US$479
  • Beachfront
3,010 results
All reviewsdowntown larevolving loungetrue liesred towerheavenly bedhuge hotelfloor to ceiling windowsstarbucks coffeetop floorroom servicethe financial districtvalet parkingdowntown locationconvention centerstaples centerlobby barper night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2018

The Bonaventure has very pleasant rooms and the beds are very comfortable. Prices for everything are a bit on the high side. In particular, parking is very expensive and I got rid of my rental car after the first night. Staff are knowledgeable but at times there simply are not enough people. Seemed bizarre that the line for elite check in was so much longer than regular chechin and had only one person working

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Hotel is in a good location but has issues with rooms and services. As a business traveller and Lifetime SPG Platinum member I would not stay there again. The rooms are dated and worn, especially the bathrooms which have drains that don't work properly, dirty tile, and very low water pressure. The climate controls don't work properly to adjust the room temp and for some reason I was told by the hotel staff the property chooses not to follow the Starwood Green Choice program. Sent laundry out to be cleaned which never came back and had to chase the staff to find it over night and the next morning. Though they offered to waive The cleaning fee they made it clear the inconvenience, time, and expense to me as a guest did not matter to them. Been staying more than 50 nights a year in Westin hotels for over a decade and the service here is one of the worst I've experienced.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Hong T, Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Steve M,

I would like to follow up with you regarding your recent stay with us. It’s disturbing to read about the factors which you encountered during your visit with us. It is clear that we fell short of our goal to meet the expectations you have come to expect from our property. Rest assured that your experience is not typical of the quality of service and hospitality we offer our guests.

One of our elite-team member will be following up with you shortly. We will be using your experience as a point of training for our staff and we will be revisiting your room in particular to ensure that everything is in working order. Please let me know if your plans bring you back to Downtown Los Angeles, as I would like to personally ensure that your next stay goes smoothly. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Hong Tan
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 January 2018

This hotel is big! It has comfortable, clean rooms and the service was good. The hotel is a little confusing to navigate. We went to a function there and the food was horrible. So, a good place to stay but don't eat there! You can walk to shops and restaurants from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Big convention-type hotel from the mid-1970's, with cool if impractical architecture by John Portman, who recently died at age 93. Service was friendly and efficient, rooms were small but very clean and well maintained, if not as modern as in newer hotels. Big perk for me was having Peloton internet-connected exercise bikes in their fitness center, allowing me to continue the workouts I do at home while traveling. Valet parking only, and expensive, but admittedly convenient once you traverse the elevators & escalators required to get back and forth from the basement parking garage. I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I went to a conference and didn't have a lot of options.

Its a huge hotel therefore there are not free services. Food is expensive. They charge you for receiving your mail.

Location is fine.

Rooms are average.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Yi H, Director of Front Office at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Mariella,

Thank you for your recent stay. I appreciate your time in completing a review which gives us good insight into your experience. Guest feedback is extremely important as it allows us to evaluate service and product to make changes to better guest experience. Unfortunately, it is disappointing to find out your stay was not pleasant. We have shared your comments with appropriate team in their respected area to put a renewed focus moving forward. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciate and thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve and learn from your experience. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Los Angeles.

Your Service Team at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites