Elan Hotel(Los Angeles)
US$391
US$348
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Hollywood Celebrity Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$219
  • Breakfast included
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$321
  • Beachfront
US$323
US$239
  • Pool
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$260
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Hollywood Hills Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$226
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
The LINE(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$284
US$246
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$553
US$393
Official Site
  • Beachfront
3,060 results
All reviewsdowntown larevolving loungetrue liesred towerheavenly bedhuge hotelfloor to ceiling windowsstarbucks coffeetop floorthe financial districtvalet parkingconvention centerdowntown locationlobby barstaples centerbit datedper night
Reviewed 16 January 2018

We stayed at the Westin Bonaventure, weekend of 1/13/2018. Since the hotel was dog-friendly and was near personal family events, we opted to stay here.

Since the hotel is situated downtown, parking is tight. Only valet is available for $49.

When we arrived, I informed the valet that we had a lot of items and the dogs and would need some time to unload. They ushered us to park on the exit-ramp. I asked for one of the 3 unused carts against the wall and they said they weren't available and told us to unload our items on the street and someone would come and deliver them to our room. A ceramic bowl tumbled off the curb onto to the road and shattered. During the 30 minutes of unload onto the dirty curb, the 3 carts remained unused.

Check-in was quick, easy, and friendly. Because of the design of the lobby and 4 towers, however, it was an ordeal to get from the yellow tower (tower 1) all the way around to the red tower (tower 4) where our room was. I inquired about a good place to take the dogs for potty, and the instructions from the desk were: from room in tower 4, go to lobby. walk all the way around lobby to tower 1. go up tower 1 to the 5th floor. walk down the stairs to the 4th floor for the garden. If you've ever walked a dog that needs to go potty, you know that this long walk is setting you up for an accident.

My mother has severe asthma. Maps & Signage navigating the hotel, via it's multiple stairways and elevators and escalators and towers, is not great. One could hypothetically easily walk from the red tower to the yellow tower, except the hotel has designed a block between the two. She had to take frequent breaks walking around their long lobby.

The room itself was clean and fine. The view was stunning. The valet that took our luggage back down to the car was really patient and great. This is just not a good hotel to bring your family if you have lots of things, or if you get tired easily, or if you have dogs. There were opportunities for great service that the hotel missed if they just paid attention. I would only stay here again, or recommend others, if they are 1-2 adults with minimal things or not driving. The hotel allows dogs, but I would not say is conducive for dog families.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, request the yellow tower (where the garden is).. 4th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank RJ P
Hong T, Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear RJ P,

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to provide us with feedbacks. With your valuable feedback, we are able to continuously improve the operational deficiencies of our hotel. We strive to meet and exceed the expectations of all of our guests. For this reason, I am disappointed to hear that we did not reach this goal for you.

I sincerely apologize that the facilities was found unappealing. We wish for all aspects of your stay from the hospitality offered by our associates to the features and design of the rooms and building leave our guests feeling renewed and rejuvenated at the end of their stay. We do hope that that our dedication to service and meeting your needs made up for the physical layout of our facility.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the incidents that took place. I appreciate your business and patronage, and I hope you will continue to stay loyal. Thank you again for giving us an opportunity to improve and learn from your experience. We would sincerely like to regain your confidence in our hotel. Should you plan to return to the Los Angeles area, please let me know. It would be a pleasure to personally ensure that your next stay with us is smooth.

Hong Tan
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 11 January 2018

The Bonaventure has very pleasant rooms and the beds are very comfortable. Prices for everything are a bit on the high side. In particular, parking is very expensive and I got rid of my rental car after the first night. Staff are knowledgeable but at times there simply are not enough people. Seemed bizarre that the line for elite check in was so much longer than regular chechin and had only one person working

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Hotel is in a good location but has issues with rooms and services. As a business traveller and Lifetime SPG Platinum member I would not stay there again. The rooms are dated and worn, especially the bathrooms which have drains that don't work properly, dirty tile, and very low water pressure. The climate controls don't work properly to adjust the room temp and for some reason I was told by the hotel staff the property chooses not to follow the Starwood Green Choice program. Sent laundry out to be cleaned which never came back and had to chase the staff to find it over night and the next morning. Though they offered to waive The cleaning fee they made it clear the inconvenience, time, and expense to me as a guest did not matter to them. Been staying more than 50 nights a year in Westin hotels for over a decade and the service here is one of the worst I've experienced.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Hong T, Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Steve M,

I would like to follow up with you regarding your recent stay with us. It’s disturbing to read about the factors which you encountered during your visit with us. It is clear that we fell short of our goal to meet the expectations you have come to expect from our property. Rest assured that your experience is not typical of the quality of service and hospitality we offer our guests.

One of our elite-team member will be following up with you shortly. We will be using your experience as a point of training for our staff and we will be revisiting your room in particular to ensure that everything is in working order. Please let me know if your plans bring you back to Downtown Los Angeles, as I would like to personally ensure that your next stay goes smoothly. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Hong Tan
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 January 2018

This hotel is big! It has comfortable, clean rooms and the service was good. The hotel is a little confusing to navigate. We went to a function there and the food was horrible. So, a good place to stay but don't eat there! You can walk to shops and restaurants from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Big convention-type hotel from the mid-1970's, with cool if impractical architecture by John Portman, who recently died at age 93. Service was friendly and efficient, rooms were small but very clean and well maintained, if not as modern as in newer hotels. Big perk for me was having Peloton internet-connected exercise bikes in their fitness center, allowing me to continue the workouts I do at home while traveling. Valet parking only, and expensive, but admittedly convenient once you traverse the elevators & escalators required to get back and forth from the basement parking garage. I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family