3,567 results
All reviews universal studios free shuttle yard restaurant trolley service brady bunch house north hollywood holiday inn el dorado metro station pool area lovely hotel bunk beds on site restaurant hot tub studio city city walk stayed here for nights
Reviewed 21 December 2016

I travel to LA quite often for business and have stayed all over the city. Well, no more. Since I found the Garland I am never staying anywhere else. The staff is exceptional, the place is warm and friendly, the restaurant is delicious and the rooms are perfect. It's truly a home away from home.

Room tip: Eat at the restaurant!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Daniel M, Manager at The Garland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Dear AndreaF2001
What a lovely review! We are honored and appreciate to be your home away from home! We can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Very sweet hotel in a great location for Universal Studios and close to Hollywood.

Retro styled with a heated pool that host a weekly movie in the pool. Bit cold for us to attend but would be great fun for all in warmer months.

Staff were very helpful, restaurant of a good quality. Overall pretty grounds.

Would definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Michelle E,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Garland. We appreciate your business and your kind words. We certainly hope you have another opportunity to visit us again and enjoy our Dive N' Movies. Perhaps, the summer. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

I chose this hotel on its gorgeous looks alone, yet it had a homey feel. It exceeded my expectations. It is indeed a nice place to wake up and to come home to at night. A former resort named for hardworking actress Beverly Garland, the amenities are spread out over several closely linked buildings on the property. The hotel still offers various daily resort-like offerings such as a poolside bar, evening movies, wine tastings, tours and group workouts. The single rooms are small but comfortable. The design is 70's California chic, and there are lobby fireplaces, cozy seating areas and earthy accents: fire, wood, water, and sunny orange. The music in public areas carries the theme but is not kitschy at all. There is a well appointed gym, a laundry room, theater, and a hotel store with drinks, snacks, typical wares and many unique goods and souvenirs. The staff was pleasant and helpful overall, and management goes out of their way to ensure a good experience. The location has a quiet suburban feel, but is a 1/4 mile from the freeway and a few minutes to the typical sights of Hollywood. For those not driving, there is hourly trolley service to public transportation and a stop at Universal Studios Hollywood. Starbucks/Jamba/Walgreens are all walking distance. Everything we had at the restaurant is good (especially the broccolini) and it is a destination unto itself. For a nice homecoming, take advantage of reverse happy hour at 10PM for reasonably priced burgers, snacks, cocktails and wine. This hotel is very thoughtful in its design, details and service. We plan to return soon and take extra time just to enjoy the hotel.
4 1/2* of 5

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear FlyMeT0TheMoon,
Wonderful! What a fantastic review! We appreciate you taking time the add such an lovely and in depth review. We look forward to having the opportunity to serving you and your family again! See you soon!

Reviewed 21 December 2016

I live in Wisconsin, but my office in Studio City is nearby The Garland. I have been staying there for years and seen it go from good to great. It was always a very clean and comfortable hotel, but in recent years, they have really made some nice improvements; the remodel has resulted in a place that is strikingly beautiful, the rooms are always clean and well kept (and very quiet), the new chef has turned what was a always decent restaurant into one of my favorites in the city (the TFY Burger is in my top 5 anywhere and local IPAs on tap is a great touch), and they have done all this while managing to maintain the 'Classic Hollywood' feel that has always made it great. I have taken my wife and kids with me on business and they have enjoyed the pool. What really sets them apart is the customer service. On multiple occasions, they have gone above and beyond to work with me when plans changes beyond my control forced last second changes to my stay, most recently when an impending snowstorm forced me to cut my trip short by a day to avoid imminent flight cancellations. They certainly didn't have to do anything, but after listening to what had happened, agreed to waive the early checkout fee. It meant a lot, and they have earned my business.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear mbmcmanigal,
We are happy that you were able to make it home before the storm hit! We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience(s) at The Garland with the TripAdvisor community. We can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Always a hidden gem, the Beverley Garland has shed its former "chain" styling and is NOW a hip and cool boutique hotel ... With a stylish restaurant and pool side lobby bar - this past classic is reborn anew and ready for 21st century.

The pool area is a chic tropical oasis in the middle of all the Hollywood attractions ...

The staff is wonderful, helpful and genuine -

Even the store has great staff, as the young woman whom worked there really help guiding us on what to see and do.. A real 5 STAR experience ..

1  Thank Andrew K

Dear eric s,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Garland hotel! We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay here with us! We look forward to welcoming you back to The Garland!