DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Pedro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All Star Inn(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
Americas Best Value Inn(Rancho Palos Verdes)
Monterey Inn(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
Del Mar Hotel(Los Angeles)
Ambassador Hotel(Los Angeles)
1,378 results
All reviewsmarina viewdouble treewarm cookieslong beachcruise terminalcabrillo beachpre cruisefree shuttlepool and hot tubshuttle servicebreakfast buffethotel shuttlenice roomstayed one nightan upgradeweddingcalifornia
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Amazingly friendly and professional staff, great location, terrific facilities. Loved the location, too. Easy to get into LA, Long Beach, Palos Verdes. Right around the corner from an awesome craft beer brewery/bar, too.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Peter S, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Pedro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We now have 2 of the Broujeri West Beers on tap at our Marina Bar. We look forward to seeing you back in the near future! Thanks again!

Reviewed 5 August 2016

This hotel is pretty, clean, and seems to have a great staff. However, it is a little off the beaten path. You have to travel a couple of miles for restaurants, etc. Many of the rooms overlook a large marina and the ports of San Pedro and Long Beach. Great place to stay if you have business in San Pedro. (The city of San Pedro is a little bit on the grungy side but there are a few good restaurants and hidden gems to see nearby.) Couldn't help but think that this hotel seems a little out of place as we were driving through the surrounding neighborhoods, but I'd stay there again without hesitation if I was ever in the San Pedro area again.

Room Tip: Get a marina view room on the third floor if possible. Balcony rooms are an extra plus.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We appreciate the kind words regarding the staff and accommodations. I hope that you had a chance to try our restaurant, the Marina Bar and Grill. We have a lot of delicious entrees from the Grilled Rib-Eye to the Pink Shrimp Tagliatelle! Next time you are here, make sure to speak with one of our CARE Agents and we will recommend some sights to see as well! Thanks again for staying with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 4 August 2016

I would recommend this hotel anytime! The staff are welcoming and took great care of us during our stay. The breakfast buffet is fantastic. The rooms are great! Very clean and the beds are comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Wow! Thank you for the awesome review! We are so happy you enjoyed everything from the excellent service to the fantastic breakfast buffet! We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to your next stay with us! Thanks again!

Reviewed 3 August 2016

We selected this hotel as it was to be the location of our son's wedding reception. I have attended other events here. Check-in was a bit rough. First, we checked in at 2:30 pm but check-in was a 3:00 pm so no room was available for us. My wife had booked the reservation but when I pointed out I wanted to add my Hilton rewards card, they were flummoxed because they didn't know how to handle the Hilton rewards card even though we had the same last name. We were apparently entitled to two bottled waters which they told us to grab from the nearby shelf. I gave them our phone number so they could call when the room was available. No call ever came. When we did come back around 5:30 pm, we were checked in by a nice person who told us to go to the 3rd floor Hilton rewards level. When we went up there, we found out our room was on the 1st floor. So much for rewards level. Once in the room, we found the air conditioning didn't work so we called about it. They sent someone fairly quickly but he said he had to work on it outside. We didn't hear anything again. The a/c still didn't work properly and then I discovered it was leaking into the room. It stayed warm in the room throughout our stay. We also had a troublesome desk lamp and outlet that didn't work. We reported those to to no avail. We were given one breakfast voucher for our troubles. The staff seemed friendly and wanted to help with our room issues but all they seemed to be able to do was say, "how can I make this right" and offer a breakfast voucher. Nice, but they couldn't solve the maintenance issues.
I also want to point out that they have a beautiful location right next to the Cabrillo marina, the marine museum and within walking distance to a beach yet they don't offer any water recreation such as kayaking or stand up paddling like some other water oriented resorts. They could have bicycles for rent too. I think an evening cocktail harbor cruise would be fun for guests as well.

In general, the staff was motivated and trained to smile and be agreeable to guests but maintenance was a problem. They don't have much in the way of amenities for outside recreation though they are in a prime location to do so. The restaurant and bar had courteous and friendly people. The food was ok.

Room Tip: The east side faces the marina with ocean and boat views. The west side has a parking lot view with hills in the distance
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard B
Peter S, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Pedro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback with us! I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations during your stay with us. We will use your comments as opportunities to improve our service as well as ensure that the maintenance items you mentioned are fixed. I will be sending you a follow up email so you have my contact information. We hope to have another opportunity to show you a problem free stay in the future! Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

It took me 36 hours to get here, but I was so relieved to find my room. Everything was perfect. I had the marina view I was promised. I felt welcomed. The staff adjusted my reservation without any question (I had been delayed by an airline issue). There was no hassle, nothing but comfort!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Wow! We are so happy that we were able to turn a stressful day into a relaxing and comforting one! This type of arrival goes good with a warm and delicious chocolate chip cookie doesn't it? Thank you for recognizing our staff for their excellent service! We will make sure to commend them for it. We hope to have you back in the near future so that we can provide another comfortable stay! Thanks again!