“Good place for a few nights pre-cruise ”

Vagabond Inn San Pedro
Ranked #181 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Vagabond Inn San Pedro for 2 nights before our cruise. The place was basic, clean, the bed comfortable. The staff was friendly & very helpful. Breakfast was cold cereal or instant oatmeal, fruit, baked goods, coffee & juice. There’s McDonalds a short distance away. Ate at a fabulous Mexican place called Tacos Jalisco. There’s a Rite Aid for last minute supplies. Also a grocery store a few blocks away. We walked or took mass transit to Ports O Call. Seniors fare is 35cents! Really! Good restaurants & fun atmosphere. The inn offered free transport to the cruise peer. Would recommend this place for a few nights.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 October 2017

The staff was exceptionally helpful, friendly, efficient, courteous, what more can I say? The free shuttle service to the cruiseport was available to us for an early ride and that was appreciated very much. Return shuttle service to the hotel is not available but taxis are. If you stay one night at the hotel, parking for the duration of the cruise is available at $10 per night, much less than the parking lot at the cruiseport. The only downside was the size of the complimentary breakfast, and it was sparse. The room rate was half of what is charged at the next door neighbor. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

WORST HOTEL EVER! Do not stay here, I found a crack pipe under my bed and they REFUSED to refund me the night! NOT A SAFE PLACE, I would NEVER bring children here. I did not feel safe for one second there, I should have trusted my instincts and left immediately but I was trying not to be rude and judge a book by its cover. Drug deals in the parking lot, gun shots in middle of the night. You could possibly get criminal charges just by staying here. DO NOT STAY HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Very nice, inexpensive hotel. Clean room, good location. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Easy to find, and close to beach, fishing, swimming, USS Iowa, Ports o Call restaurant; and many other restaurants.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This was my first stay at the Vagabond Inn. From the exterior it looked and was clean and well maintained. The staff, without exception were friendly and helpful. I receives a king size bed on the third floor. The room was clean, well maintained and comfortable. I understand these rooms were renovated recently.

This is a budget hotel and since this was my first stay in the area I have no comparison. I would most likely stay again as it was close to where I needed to be on the morning.

I guess my only disappointment was the free breakfast. The selection was very limited and was coffee/ tea a roll or donut or cereal and fruit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business