All reviews swingers diner farmers market great location round bed west hollywood retro vibe mid century beverly center walking distance big bathroom valet parking corner suite the ground floor nice pool area minute walk whole foods water pressure
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We had to go to Cedars-Sinai for a medical procedure, and wanted to scout out the Beverly Laurelfor a longer stay. This hotel is just down the street. (We found it by eating at Swingers, the restaurant in the building.)
The hotel has a booking service to make its reservations, and that process was a little difficult. To get information I wanted, I was told, I'd have to call directly. But no phone number is provided.
Once we got there, on February 8, we were pleased. An older building, with outside corridors, it has been remodeled very nicely. All rooms appear to look out on the pool. The room, with two queen needs, was tight, but workable. The bathroom was enormous!
Our only complaint is with the air conditioner,
one of those "window" types, built into the wall. We had difficulty figuring out the controls, and trying to get a comfortable temperature. After managing, somehow, the unit cycled on and off all night, very loudly. VERY LOUDLY. ALL NIGHT LONG.
So, while the beds were comfortable, we hardly slept a wink. If it weren't for that one thing, we'd go back there in a minute.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AllenB1357
Reviewed 25 January 2018

The worst sound insulation ever! You could hear other rooms TVs, upper rooms quests walking and talking, cars passing by, sirens, people just talking outside on the street. A/C didn't work (they knew it but admit it only when we turned on the heat and didn't function) and made an annoying sound periodically all day and night. If you need to sleep, do not go there. Half of the stuff members polite, half of them rude. Never seem they wanted to help but rather move on. The elevator door will hit you 10 times out of 10 if you don't get out immediately after opening (consider that while holding a baby), elevetor small slow old. This was the worst stay we ever had in the US.

Room Tip: Corner suite is spacious but noisy
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Odysseas32
Reviewed 11 January 2018

I was visiting a friend in LA near Hollywood/Beverly Hills and needed a place close to him. The Beverley Laurel was the best tradeoff for quality, price and location. It was renovated in 2015 and has a mid century decor which actually looks pretty cool. Very good service including a valet for the parking garage. Rooms are a decent size, clean, and helpful staff. Good location for me but also close to the Farmer's Market, La Brea Tar Pits, etc. I mean you do have to be traffic aware in LA no matter where you go. I took a run down Fairfax every morning and no issues doing that. People are pretty aloof here so you won't be chatting anyone up.
Also, there is Swinger Restaurant next door - breakfast, lunch and dinner served. Standard LA prices. BTW I had some of my best sleep here in months just zonked out.
There are some warts here so you have to live with that - it is an old hotel after all. Couldn't go up to the roof and I heard someone complain that water was coming into there ceiling from the floor above and the elevator was out for one day while I was there. But no issues for me...

Room Tip: I had room 103 - large and quiet
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2018

I know people don't walk much in LA, but there are tons of things in walking distance from this hotel like the Farmer's Market, Canter's restaurant, and a bunch of studios. Free street parking around the hotel if you time it right (read the signs carefully -- you will have to move your car around the block at certain times!). However, 20 bucks for overnight parking isn't bad from the hotel.

The hotel itself had big rooms (I had a corner suite) that was comfy and bright. There was some street noise from Beverly Blvd., but I slept just fine. Preferred rooms would be on the back side facing Laurel. Cute decor, and I lucked out with a cheap deal. I would stay again!

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel would be quieter, but I had no problem being on Beverly Blvd.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank mandypdx
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Clean room, nice size. The service was very friendly. I was traveling with my family (2 kids) and they helped with extra sheets, towels. They only had 4 pillows for the 4 of us...it was fine but strange for a motel! They’ve done a great job with the decor, basic but modern and aestheticlaly pleasing. Awesome location, very central to lots of LA sites and restaurants. Great value for the price. Would stay here again.

The couch had a big stain on it which was not so appealing. Pull out bed in sofa is very uncomfortable! They might fix it with a foam pad that could go on top. Light on amenities, no plastic laundry bags, no room service menu, no shower caps, no bath mats. No extra pillows??

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family