US$284
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$349/night.

US$391
US$348
Doubletree.com
US$509
US$448
  • Restaurant
The LINE(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$199
  • Pool
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$242
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Hollywood Hills Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$252
Agoda.com
US$301
US$284
  • Pool
Hollywood Celebrity Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$192
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree parkingstaples centercomplimentary transportationhotel vanshuttle serviceconvention centerpurple linewithin mileshi expressmile radiussleep qualitythe breakfast areahot tubfitness roommetro stationtwo blocksmini fridge
Reviewed 3 June 2017

This hotel should remove the Express from their title. We weren't looking for anything fancy/upscale, just a place to lay our head for few nights while in LA. A couple of things. It's advertised as downtown and it's not. It's in a neighborHOOD called Westlake, close to but not Downtown. It was expensive for what we got. The elevators didn't work. We opted to stay an extra night (a Sunday) for convenience and the price jumped by 25%.

The location although not in walking distance to anything you'd want to visit, is centrally located, so there's that. Staff were friendly also. Otherwise don't waste your money here. For 2 bills a night you can find much better options.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SlapYoMamaGood
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I have stayed with holiday inn chain for a month now, so you'd think I was a "loyal &I trusted" guest right?

Wrong! This poor excuse of a hotel left me standing on the street after they refused to use my credit card because it did not have my name on it! I have a confirmation of my booking inc. the credit card, which is the same card I have used all over the country! They could not help me at all! No offers to assist in anyway, no offer to let me pay cash. Mind you the place looks abandoned from out side!
I refuse to use any holiday inn after this and will now try the competition at La Quinta!!
Ps. I have been travelling with a friend who also will book his room elsewhere from now on!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I have spend many nights in different Hotels in LA and California. Now being at home I have to say that this stay was one of my most pleasant. Honest, friendly and super close to downtown. I also stayed in different HI Express and this one was definitely the best!
I find it honest to put ear blocks in the room knowing that LA downtown is busy and noisy during the night. But I liked the kindness.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Let me start with the one and only bad thing, the photos we saw online depict a large lovely pool. There is a small pool/hot tub approximately 12'x15' (?) it's not what was in the photo. However, it was relaxing after a long day of walking.

Nice breakfast, good, fresh selection . Friendly staff. Clean!

The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable.

The location: keep in mind that you are in downtown LA. The neighborhood has a lot of homeless on the streets, the park is questionable however we went for a walk there, didn't get robbed. Every morning there are little "booths" set up on the streets with locals selling all sorts of things. Felt like Tijuana. However, you turn the corner towards the hotel and go in and it's clean, modern and quite safe. You can get anywhere in about 30 minutes it seemed. Uber found us with no problem. Uber Eats was great, lots to choose from in the area.

We used the fitness room. No weights but there was enough to have a good cardio workout.

I would stay there again. I would recommend it to others. The hotel was great and the staff were very nice.

Room Tip: There really is no view that I know of. All rooms have AC.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank hmlphoenix
Reviewed 17 April 2017

The positives to this hotel is that the staff are great. They are friendly and treat everyone with the kind of respect you would expect.
One the downside: The hotel is located in a rough neighborhood, although I walked around the neighborhood several days while staying there and did not have any problems. It's just full of trash, sketchy store-fronts, graffiti, and homeless people. If you have to get around, the hotel shuttle is available by a call to the front desk, to the immediate area. There is a Metro station two blocks away, which is nice if you need to use that to get to Hollywood or downtown (a cheap option instead of trying to find parking). My room looked out on an abandoned building with a homeless guy sleeping out back. The property has been fenced off by the city, but it still looks like you're in the middle of a slum. Noise in the room was canceled out by either running the fan on high, or using my phone's white-noise app. The air-conditioning unit was spotty, sometimes running so long that I had to turn it off before I froze to death, but other times not running at all until I again adjusted it to get it to turn on. Kind of fickle. The first room they moved me into, had a mini-fridge that was not working right, so they moved me to another room next-door. One afternoon I found that the pipes had backed up into my bathroom sink - so I was greeted upon return to my room with a smelly, brown, gross looking sewer water half-filling my sink! Thankfully the maintenance guy came right away to get it fixed and cleaned up. The only other poor thing about my stay was that they promised to send me my final bill by email upon my check-out. I got home and nothing had been sent. I had to email the front-desk to get my bill, but they sent me a quick little bill with no break downs of the costs. Tried to get it online, however, Holiday Inn's online system was down for maintenance of course, so I had to call and send another email to get them to send a correct bill statement. Still waiting for that as a half-hour ago....
Overall the room was average - offering a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee-maker. A small bag of plastic eating utensils, napkins, and paper plates was provided in the cabinets for use. My king sized 2-room suite had the main room with a king sized bed, which was comfortable, the mini-fridge, TV, desk, sitting chair, closet with a safe, and a dresser. The second room was simply a couch, dresser with TV, table with 2 chairs, cabinets with a microwave and a sink. No windows in the second room. Rooms are minimally decorated, so it's not a place for you to feel "at home" in - just more of a place to just come back from business or sightseeing to go to sleep.
Parking on site is limited, but free. I did notice some evenings that people were pulling in trying to find a spot to park but there was no room. Don't know where they had to go to find parking. If you have to park offsite you'll probably have to pay at least $8 or more (probably more for overnight).
Hint: if you want to grab a bite to eat and don't want to drive, take the Metro red/purple line to Koreatown, as there are quite a few options in that area. It is only a couple miles away and would cost around $2.50 (plus the TAP card cost of $7).
I had business here in the area, so it was convenient. However, I probably wouldn't have stayed here for any other reason. Only because I had to.

Room Tip: There is no good view from this hotel due to the neighborhood it is in.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business