US$151
The LINE LA(Los Angeles)
US$244
US$189
  • Pool
Hollywood Celebrity Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$229
  • Pool
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$179
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Hollywood Hills Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$196
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$370
US$305
  • Pool
Hotel Normandie(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$209
US$285
US$262
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsfree parkingstaples centercomplimentary transportationhotel vanpurple linethe breakfast areahi expressmile radiussleep qualityfitness roommetro stationhot tubtwo blocksmini fridgerooms are cleanneighborhoodshuttle
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed on points a second trip and this will probably be my last stay there. Location is sketchy though close to downtown. Homeless everywhere and grime and low end retail options. The halls were a sauna and so was the room - it was a heatwave apparently. Ac couldn't cope. Fridges in room didn't work. Parking isn't free either anymore. Boo.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2017

The hotel is located about 12 minutes from the convention center in a rundown neighborhood with an abandoned building next door and homeless sleeping there.The staff was wonderful except the manager who managed to not be there every morning I tried to talk with her before going to my convention.Very little was done to attempt to repair the one elevator on the property so everyone had to lug their suitcases up the stairs. Upon departure I asked for help and no one came so did it myself. Not worth the money and Holiday Inn should try to compensate. Not what I expected. Parking is free. I did not walk outside the hotel. This hotel has free shuttle within 10 miles of hotel leaving on the hour and half hour. There is a pool the size of a hot tub. The hotel was clean and quiet inside, but noisy outside with sirens. The breakfast was fine.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2017

This hotel should remove the Express from their title. We weren't looking for anything fancy/upscale, just a place to lay our head for few nights while in LA. A couple of things. It's advertised as downtown and it's not. It's in a neighborHOOD called Westlake, close to but not Downtown. It was expensive for what we got. The elevators didn't work. We opted to stay an extra night (a Sunday) for convenience and the price jumped by 25%.

The location although not in walking distance to anything you'd want to visit, is centrally located, so there's that. Staff were friendly also. Otherwise don't waste your money here. For 2 bills a night you can find much better options.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SlapYoMamaGood
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I have stayed with holiday inn chain for a month now, so you'd think I was a "loyal &I trusted" guest right?

Wrong! This poor excuse of a hotel left me standing on the street after they refused to use my credit card because it did not have my name on it! I have a confirmation of my booking inc. the credit card, which is the same card I have used all over the country! They could not help me at all! No offers to assist in anyway, no offer to let me pay cash. Mind you the place looks abandoned from out side!
I refuse to use any holiday inn after this and will now try the competition at La Quinta!!
Ps. I have been travelling with a friend who also will book his room elsewhere from now on!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I have spend many nights in different Hotels in LA and California. Now being at home I have to say that this stay was one of my most pleasant. Honest, friendly and super close to downtown. I also stayed in different HI Express and this one was definitely the best!
I find it honest to put ear blocks in the room knowing that LA downtown is busy and noisy during the night. But I liked the kindness.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business