Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West
US$399
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$452/night.

US$270
US$146
US$135
The LINE(Los Angeles)
US$189
  • Pool
The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$359
US$349
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$512/night.

Hollywood Celebrity Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$185
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree parkingstaples centercomplimentary transportationhotel vanshuttle serviceconvention centerpurple linehomeless peoplewithin mileshi expressmile radiussleep qualitysubway stationthe breakfast areahot tubfitness roomtwo blocks
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Here are the four primary reasons my stay at this property was so awesome: 1) Aida 2) Rafael 3) Juan 4) Ivan. Wow! These four individual know customer service. Aida was the person who checked me in. She made me feel as though our meeting was a reunion of sorts. For me, the reception is almost everything, and her reception truly set the stage for the remainder of my stay. Aida's style of welcoming me was an 11, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest. Rafael was the person who prepared the breakfast each morning. If I didn't know any better, I would think that he and I were best friends back in high school. He is one of the happiest and most pleasant persons you'll ever come across. Each day I needed a ride in the hotel van to the Staples Center area, and that's where Ivan and Juan took center stage. These gentlemen transported me with such pleasure, it's as if they were told that I was some sort of dignitary. Each morning there was a wonderful hot breakfast. The hotel was typical Holiday Inn quality. The hotel offers complimentary messages. There's free Wi-Fi. One evening there was a wine tasting. I don't recall if the lady hosting this event said that this was done Tue and Thur, or just Tue. One thing is for sure, it was each week. There were other snacks to go along with the wine offering. Oh, and then there was free ice cream available. For you old schoolers, you would appreciate having to dip it from this 5-gallon drum. I loved it. I have ice cream maybe 10 times a year. During my 4-day stay, I treated myself each night. It was just too tasty. There was a microwave in the breakfast area. There was a refrigerator in my room. The location of the hotel is very convenient to the Staples Center area, without the high price tag of hotels in the middle of the Staples Center area. I had a rental car for one day, and there's FREE parking. If I ever have a stay in the downtown/Staples Center area in the future, I know where I'll book my hotel stay. Aida, Rafael, Ivan, and Juan, thank you very, very, very much for a most pleasurable experience. The amenities were great, but you all, with your 5-star level of customer service made all the difference!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Trevor C
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed on points a second trip and this will probably be my last stay there. Location is sketchy though close to downtown. Homeless everywhere and grime and low end retail options. The halls were a sauna and so was the room - it was a heatwave apparently. Ac couldn't cope. Fridges in room didn't work. Parking isn't free either anymore. Boo.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2017

The hotel is located about 12 minutes from the convention center in a rundown neighborhood with an abandoned building next door and homeless sleeping there.The staff was wonderful except the manager who managed to not be there every morning I tried to talk with her before going to my convention.Very little was done to attempt to repair the one elevator on the property so everyone had to lug their suitcases up the stairs. Upon departure I asked for help and no one came so did it myself. Not worth the money and Holiday Inn should try to compensate. Not what I expected. Parking is free. I did not walk outside the hotel. This hotel has free shuttle within 10 miles of hotel leaving on the hour and half hour. There is a pool the size of a hot tub. The hotel was clean and quiet inside, but noisy outside with sirens. The breakfast was fine.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2017

This hotel should remove the Express from their title. We weren't looking for anything fancy/upscale, just a place to lay our head for few nights while in LA. A couple of things. It's advertised as downtown and it's not. It's in a neighborHOOD called Westlake, close to but not Downtown. It was expensive for what we got. The elevators didn't work. We opted to stay an extra night (a Sunday) for convenience and the price jumped by 25%.

The location although not in walking distance to anything you'd want to visit, is centrally located, so there's that. Staff were friendly also. Otherwise don't waste your money here. For 2 bills a night you can find much better options.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SlapYoMamaGood
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I have stayed with holiday inn chain for a month now, so you'd think I was a "loyal &I trusted" guest right?

Wrong! This poor excuse of a hotel left me standing on the street after they refused to use my credit card because it did not have my name on it! I have a confirmation of my booking inc. the credit card, which is the same card I have used all over the country! They could not help me at all! No offers to assist in anyway, no offer to let me pay cash. Mind you the place looks abandoned from out side!
I refuse to use any holiday inn after this and will now try the competition at La Quinta!!
Ps. I have been travelling with a friend who also will book his room elsewhere from now on!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo