“Great Greek!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2015

Had lunch at Opa, nice crowd,excellent food and service! I had the Authentic Greek Country Salad (no lettuce in this only the freshest tomatoes, cucumbers and vegetables) with a nice Greek dressing. Also the Gyro pita with tzatziki was excellent. Great Greek all the way around!

Reviewed 6 January 2015

Yesterday was my birthday - the namesake Beatles' song "When I'm 64, will you still love me? Will you still feed me?" Well, my husband did both quite well. We both adore Greek food, but not the noisy atmosphere of most Greek restaurants. This site stays open throughout the afternoon, so we arrived at around 3 PM to a mostly empty, quiet restaurant. We brought our own bottle of nice champagne as they have NO corkage fee on the first bottle (a bargain in Los Gatos?). Our nice server wasn't ready for the cork and it exploded into the ceiling. Everyone shouted "OPA"! Our appetizers consisted of yummy, flaming cheese (saganaki) served with tasty pita bread and dolmades (served cold with Greek olives). My husband ordered the whole grilled sea bass accompanied with tons of potato slices and lightly sauteed with garlic fresh spinach - YUM. My main course was the braised lamb shank, absolutely HUGE, tender, with a light tomato sauce. I asked to substitute the orzo for their wild rice pilaf and that was graciously done. I, too, had the same delightful spinach. We took home 3 of the 4 dolmades and over half of my meal so that we could partake in dessert. The galaktoboureko were done as individual rolls instead of typical squares. Two rolls and two scoops of vanilla ice cream were heavenly. The candle on top capped off a lovely, lazy afternoon. My only complaint is that the restaurant is not very romantic. Chairs are hard; the cooks battering in Spanish from the open kitchen; and 4 or maybe more big screen TVs silently playing past football games, makes not for a night of romance. But, there was Greek music playing and we went for the food and it delivered great tastes.

Reviewed 12 December 2014

Been here 2 times now and 2 times at their Campbell location. I have to say that the Los Gatos location is not as noisy as the Campbell location. The first time I visited I had the delicious pork chop. It's very thick and delicious. It had a touch of sweetness to it, which I liked a lot, and it was very tender. Pork chops are a little tricky, and I always worry that they might come out dry, but they've been perfect every time. It's now my husband's favorite dish here. I had the beef skewers, which were recommended by our waiter. I was going to order the filet mignon steak, but she said these were better and made from the filet tips. I really liked the flavor and it was very tender. The food is always good here. The Los Gatos location is on the small side, so the wait on weekend nights is quite long and they don't take reservations, unless you have a large party.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

This is a fun open lively place that always has an energy to it. The food is quite flavorful with classic Greek spices and flavors. It's casual enough for just meeting friends, lively enough for a fun date, and tasty enough for to-go orders to bring home. I highly recommend Opa!

Reviewed 5 October 2014

Good Greek food with a nice lively dining atmosphere. Enjoy lunches with the up beat and active ambiance.