“Great outing with good friends. Would have appreciated a better table.”
Review of I Gatti

I Gatti
Reserve with OpenTable
I Gatti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 168 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I Gatti is a pretty solid Italian restaurant with nice ambience, good service, and a menu that has something for everyone. The wine list is reasonably priced for Silicon Valley and wines by the glass are also reasonably priced. I Gatti offers many Bay Area Italian classics as well as a fresh, well seasoned Cioppino. We frequently enjoy I Gatti when we do not plan to dine out. The reason is that they will find us a table and provide good service even though we arrive without a reservation. Having said that, it would be nice to be able to sit at better vacant tables than those in the entry way, which are the typically offered tables when one has no reservation.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

save yourself money and a crappy time, and head down the street to the The Pastaria. You will not be sorry. Igatti food is terrible and lacks any pizzazz.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is casual Italian restaurant which produces home style food. Lots of pasta dishes but one each of fish, chicken, beef & lamb. No veal, however. The restaurant is well decorated and the staff is well trained.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

I had a nice meal here the other night. I has reservations but was significantly delayed in traffic and missed by an hour! The staff at the restaurant was very accommodating and helpful when we arrived late. Identifying a table for us, getting us set up quickly and providing great service during the meal. I ordered the Cioppino and enjoyed it very much. I'm a Northern Californian (birthplace of Cioppino) born and raised and I like to believe I know what good Cioppino is. This is good Cioppino!!

Go, get the Cioppino, a nice Caesar and a bottle of Chianti and life will get better for an hour or two!

Reviewed 9 January 2017

Great atmosphere, there is a recreation of a ruin wall that hides the bathrooms that is interesting to look at, lights and wine bottles all around. Our waitress was a real pro, knowing the menu inside and out and even making a killer martini for my hubby. Our salads were very good. I had the special pear salad - i di have an issue with them calling it pear carpaccio but the fried goat cheese and greens combined with the thinly sliced pear were great. My husband really enjoyed his butter salad and it was presented to look like a rose. That is where the magic ended. My hubby's trout was well cooked but woefully under seasoned. There is salt/pepper on the table so that could be remedied. However, my chicken parmesan was overcooked and tough. There is no cure for that. Bummer.