“nothing special at all”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2017

I did not enjoy anything i ordered nor did anyone in my family. the menu looked blah and it proved itself to also taste blah.. i heard they are out of business now,,makes sense

Reviewed 16 March 2017

We initially went because of good reviews we'd seen - and because we had a Groupon - and were pleasantly surprised at the sweet little space that is Spinello's. I liked it so much I wanted to return on my birthday this year, but am not sure it is still open. If the group that runs it has 'shuttered' it, I do hope they consider opening another little Italian restaurant like this one --- very friendly, down-to-earth, and delicious!

Reviewed 22 September 2016

We love this place for date night and large family dinners out. No one ever leaves hungry. The food is so good and the service is approachable and fun.
The Pasta Fra Diavlo is spicy and perfect. The pasta is always cooked just right. Kids love the food as well.
Chopped salad is also a HUGE portion and delicious!

Reviewed 15 July 2016

We walked into the restaurant and told the hostess/ server we had a reservation. She promptly turned around, walked to the back of the restaurant and disappeared for about 10 minutes. There were several open tables when we walked in. When she eventually reappeared, we reminded her we had a reservation, and we were finally seated at one on the tables already available when we first walked in. Off to a bad start.

We ordered the mushroom appetizer, but at 7:45 p.m. on a weeknight, we were told they were out. So we went with the fried calamari, which was well-cooked but nothing special. The appetizer arrived about 20 minutes after we ordered it.

Then there's the wine service. The restaurant's wine list is quite expensive, but we had brought a special bottle -- an older vintage of Brunello di Montalcino. Our server brought us some cheap water glasses for the wine. Really? They shouldn't even be using these glasses for the overpriced stuff they sell. We asked for stemware, then watched as our server had to climb up in the kitchen to retrieve some proper wine glasses from atop a cabinet. She also had trouble with the cork, which wasn't all that troublesome. I eventually had to pull the cork to keep her from mangling it.

By the time our mains arrived, we had already been at the restaurant for well over an hour. I had the Sunday gravy with a huge meatball and a sausage; my wife had chicken parmesan with a side of pasta with red sauce. Food was decent, and the portions were really large. The grated cheese that arrived was pretty dry, reminiscent of the stuff that comes in a green can.

We didn't have dessert. We'd already been there for too long.

We found the service slow and uncaring. The food was acceptable. We don't have any plans to return for a repeat performance.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

I have a friend who loves this place (and he has good taste) which completely puzzles me. The food is like that of a small mom and pop Italian restaurant - and I don't mean that in a good way. It is, quite simply, mediocre. Nothing imaginative nor creative. Tastes like someone opened a jar of prepared marinara sauce.