“BEST one-on-one!!!”

Cimarone and 3CV Wine Tasting Room
Reviewed 8 September 2014

Making a usual trip up to Los Olivos....kinda said to myself...
Maybe it's time to start a new membership 'somewhere' that impresses me....?
Now....sometimes....it doesn't have to be the wine.....listen here...as SERVICE
is the key....

Shorter version is....Shelly saw we had a 2-for-1 coupon and didn't EVEN flinch!!!
She poured off the sheet....gave us background info....and just gave us VIP service
when nobody was around!!! Now....after tasting the wines....I was impressed and
thought....IF I buy 2 or 3.....maybe I should just become a member...right??? Well,
we bought % wines....and Shelly upped the ante by giving us 3 'pay it forward' cards
for other places!!!! Wooooohoooooooooo!!!

That's how you obtain a new customer.....alright!!!!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I disagree with the prior reviewers in one respect--the wines are average at best. The tasting room hostess was pleasant and knowledgeable. The prices of the wines were fair. But with so much very good to excellent wine out there, I don’t wish to drink average wine. I'll skip Cimarone.

There are now about 45 tasting rooms in Los Olivos, none with bathroom facilities, officially at least. The few porta potties they have on the side street near the flagpole are disgusting, especially on a hot day. I’d hate to be a woman and have to sit in one of them. The excuse I hear from all the tasting room staff I ask is that they are on a septic system. Apparently neither the county nor the landowners want to pony up to build a sewer system. I travel to the Central Coast to taste wine 2-3 times/year for a week or so at a time, and I usually stop at Los Olivos. I'll be skipping Los Olivos until they stop being a Third World Village by getting a sewer system.

Roger H, Owner at Cimarone and 3CV Wine Tasting Room, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your review John. We really appreciate that you found our tasting room hostess pleasant and knowledgeable, and our wines fairly priced. We are of course disappointed that you found our wines average, but we understand that everyone's palate is different and that the myriad winemaking styles, grape varieties, and terroir characteristics that contribute to how a wine tastes is appealing to some and less appealing to others.

We can only echo your frustration with the bathroom situation in Los Olivos. The septic system in our little town is woefully limited, and all businesses are under strict rules for their internal facilities, facing fines for potential missteps. The complicated situation is being considered by the Los Olivos Business Organization, and we appreciate everyone's patience with this important issue. We will make some inquiries into the cleanliness of the porta-potties, with an eye to more frequent cleaning. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do hope you will consider continuing to frequent Los Olivos.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I frequently visit the Santa Ynez Wine Country and Los Olivos is my favorite town to visit. So many tasting rooms...so little time. After checking out Cimarone's website, I had to go visit. A very warm and welcoming tasting room and very approachable wines ( in price and taste)! My favorite was 3CV Bank. So right! The young lady who helped us was amazing as well. Give your palate the opportunity to try these wines.

Hi Diana,

We just wanted to thank you for your warm review of our tasting room, our staff, and wines. We're delighted that you enjoyed your tasting experience, and hope you'll drop by again soon.

Cheers!

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Of several tastings we did during our visit to Los Olivos, this one stood out for all the right reasons - the staff were friendly and unpretentious and the wine on offer was excellent quality at a reasonable price...we even got to pair cupcakes with wine and what's not to like about that?? Even though we arrived late in the day, the lady who served us allowed us to take our time past the official closing hour and gave a level of service that was absolutely first-class.

I'd recommend CImarone unreservedly and if my travels ever take me back to this part of the world, I'll be sure to pop in!

Hello Phil,

Many thanks for your glowing review of your experience in our Los Olivos tasting room. Our goal is to make great wine that is both financially and philosophically approachable. Reviews like yours make us feel that we are perhaps on the right track...and they inspire us to continue in our pursuit.

Cheers,