“Nice Ambience and Wait Staff - Quality of Food Served Needs Improvement!”
Review of Lido Restaurant

Lido Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 194 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Our recent dining experience this week was a pleasant evening. We had not eaten here for a few years due to the negative dining we had there previously. We were pleasantly surprised with the great waitress we had, the ambience has improved a lot, enjoyed the guitarist, the food was OK but needs to be kicked up a notch - I ordered Mary's Free Range Organic Chicken (it tasted like the chickens had roamed the range freely too long - very tough) and my husband's Osso Bucco was very tough also. The staff was very attentive keeping our water glasses filled. Love the bread and olive oil mixture!

1  Thank JoyceA926

Reviewed 29 March 2017

The pasta was great and our mains did not disappoint. The place was not busy so the service was spot on. Price and atmosphere were the only reasons I did not go to a four.

2  Thank MyTyGy
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Have eaten there several times after unsuccessfully trying to get a seat at Houston's next door. Can't understand why this place isn't a lot busier. The food and service are both excellent and it's very peaceful atmosphere.

2  Thank Luis S
Reviewed 28 February 2017

After a trip to napa valley,We went straight for the beaches.Venice,Huntington,Newport,Santa Cruz,Malibu and Lagoona before Manhattan(last stop).The reason I am giving this review is that We had already eaten at 14 restaurants in 8 days before LIDOS.Lido had the best clams and mussels(kudos to the tomato sauce).Tired of fish I ordered the eggplant parm.It was absolutely fantastic!My girlfriend ordered the vodka pasta and was delightfully surprised how good it was.I tasted it and agreed.Probably the most pleasant stopover for dinner on the whole trip.We didnt get a chance to try out the wine bar because I had to drive and she doesnt drink,but I will test it out next trip.DEFINITELY one of the best restaurants Ive ever been to all around and will certainly visit again. On the downside:Wanted to meet the owner really bad,but couldnt find her.I guess she stays really busy Carlos said

1  Thank kvbec2
Reviewed 18 February 2017

Tucked away from the major chains is a causal Italian place with a great wine list, and excellent pasta. Whenever I see gnocchi on the menu, I need to inquire to see if I should venture to try the dish and compare it to a place in Jersey City, NJ and my Nonni's. Not many places do gnocchi really well. After speaking with a very helpful and knowledgeable wait staff I decided to try the gnocchi dish. I wasn't disappointed at all. They were perfectly crisp on one side and extremely light and fluffy overall. The pesto and caramelized onions were very good. Although the combination got a bit heavy toward the end. Of course, I finished the plate! The fresh bread with garlic herbed dipping oil could have been dinner with a glass or two of wine. A little heavy on the raw garlic, but if you like that, then with the fresh, crunchy crusted bread ... you'll enjoy.

1  Thank vince995