Usually we stay at Club Carlson hotels but this time we wanted to test Holiday Inn.
Well, I learned that you better stay loyal to your chain.
We did not get the bed type we had on our confirmation. The reason was they were sold out. We check-in already 5 PM and there were many arriving after us.
We got a room for disabled. Not cosy at all and the beds were so soft and worn out I could not enjoy my sleep. The sheets looked very unironed. The footlamp did not work.
The staff at breakfast did not pay any attention to the guests. Very strange atmosphere.
I was very happy there was an express check-out. Never again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marina, CA!We are located on the Monterey Peninsula, just minutes from Downtown Monterey, Cannery Row and Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf. Santa Cruz, Seaside & Sand City are also nearby.Close to the natural beauty of the dunes and Marina State Beach Park, this hotel offers the guest great value and proximity to the areas world-class golf, dining, and attractions. We are a short drive to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea, 17 Mile Drive, & Pacific Grove.Our beautiful hotel features complimentary Deluxe Express Start Continental Breakfast, free high-speed Internet access in all rooms, and free local phone calls. After a day of sightseeing, return to your comfortable room to relax or enjoy an invigorating work out in our fitness room or dip in our oversized hot tub. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel very soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Marina
- Holiday Inn Express Marina
- Holiday Inn Marina