My husband and I stayed overnight here in August 2017 before taking a transpacific flight from LAX. Overall my impression was favorable, and I would recommend this hotel for LAX layovers.
The property is a short 15-20 minute drive from LAX, and is located on a marina proper. Even from streetside, you can tell that this is an older property, and it lacks the curb appeal and spit and shine of most Ritz-Carltons.
Service was very good, and we were pleased to get an automatic room upgrade to "partial marina view" with our platinum Amex card. Frankly, our view of the marina was plenty good enough and I wouldn't recommend paying for a full marina view. I believe I recall receiving free basic internet as part of our room rate.
The room was pretty standard in size and amenities. The bathroom could have used an exhaust fan.
We had one dinner, one breakfast, and one lunch at the hotel restaurant. While the breakfast was quite good, the lunch and dinner were only average. Portions at lunch and dinner were small, especially considering the price. More disappointing, however, was the fact that the lunch and dinner menu are the same. Rather than face the same menu another time, for our second lunch we walked to another restaurant nearby. I got the impression this is a popular watering hole for professionals in the area, and thus drinks are more important than food.
We were grateful that they gave us late check-out (4 pm - thanks to Amex platinum) as our flight didn't leave LAX until close to midnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly perched on one of the largest man-made marinas in the world, The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey is a hotel that offers guests easy access to Los Angeles, as well as a tranquil seaside hideaway to escape the city pace. Enjoy the warmth and laid-back lifestyle of Southern California from one of Los Angeles’ only AAA Five Diamond luxury hotels to call the waterfront home. Here, guests enjoy ocean, marina or city skyline views from soothing guest rooms and suites; a restaurant that source local ingredients from the neighborhood farmers market; a spa that paves the way to well-being; two lighted tennis courts; and LA’s only waterfront pool. Minutes from LAX, Venice Beach, Santa Monica and Beverly Hills, our distinctive Marina del Rey hotel will ensure the memories will linger long after you leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Marina Del Rey Hotel Marina Del Rey
- Ritz Marina Del Rey
- Marina Del Rey Ritz Carlton