US$114
US$65
EconoLodge
US$72
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The photos don't do it justice. I stayed two weeks on a long road trip across the state. The room was a king suite, with posh king bed, and a sleeper sofa. Upscale furniture and well-equipped with coffe/fridge/micro- it felt like an in-law suite in a mansion, even. The breakfast has eggs, waffles, breads, juice, cereal, fruit, coffee, and the dining room is upscale and spacious. Close to Yuba City and Marysville, and the air force base, but the immediate are has a Wal-Mart and fast food, if you are on foot. Fast WiFi, and the flatscreen TV had over 300 reliable channels. If Rio was in a more densely populated place or near tourist attractions, they could easily command 3 times what they charge.

Room Tip: Front rooms (facing Beale Road) seem to appear to be for short stays, the back of the complex appears to be long-term tenants.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Iso T
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed there with small grandchildren and was very nervous due to location....One bed had no bottom sheet...had to call office...they delivered a flat sheet and planned to leave...I said stay and help me lift mattress to make bed...Later tried to turn on lamp by bed...feeling in dark for switch...my finger almost went into the empty light socket...turned on overhead light to find lamp plugged in. Office brought a light which did not work and put in lamp. Next a.m. asked front desk clerk to make sure water glasses, ice bucket and coffee maker plus extra set of towels and working light bulb was put in room..reservation was for 3 (2 queen beds)...arrived back that night to no water glasses, no ice bucket , no towels, and no coffee maker again (lamp was on though)! I called office again to have all delivered with apologies...bathroom was very dirty..as was vanity area & lighting. NEVER AGAIN. VERY DISAPPOINTED AFTER READING REVIEWS.

Room Tip: only front strip of rooms have been remodeled....back area is monthly rentals to scarey individuals.?.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I would recommend the Rio to anyone. The manager is awesome,the rooms are newly remodeled, really cool theme, never have seen anything like it. Beds are so comfortable, nice little deli that delivers and has great food. Well worth the stop. The price is great ......

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I will update this when I get home but so far I am very Leary and not looking forward to staying here. I made my reservation a month ago, decided to call back and get a jacuzzi room. I called today to verify and Razad (had to ask his name, because every time I have called no one gives there name) acted like I woke him (friendly employees? HAH!!) first asked my what kind of room I wanted, I told him I should have a reservation then he said "ah, yeah" Two queen beds. Well, due to the communication barrier I let it go at that but I am not pleased at all and it is too late to cancel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I was traveling with my brother and his motorhome was having fuel pump problems. It was very late and I could tell my brother needed to sleep before attempting the remaining drive to Fort Bragg, CA. Due to expenses at the auto parts store and gas prices, I was on a tighter budget then I'm use to. I have had many years experience in janitorial services, especially motel cleaning. Due to the really cheap price I was expecting a run down cheap motel. when I walked into the room I was shocked at how very nice the room was. I've traveled a lot and stayed in many motels . I have to say that the room I was in that night in Marysville was clean spacious, and nicely furnished. I really liked the tile floors with the oriental rug design. No ants or roaches. very clean and the furnishings had a classy touch to them. In the morning we entered the lobby for breakfast which I had a Belgian waffle, orange juice a Danish and some fruit. I've only stayed in one other motel that had one of those waffle makers that you flip over and cook your waffle yourself. The motel staff was very nice and helpful. you really get your moneys worth at this motel. I would love the opportunity to stay again.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was one of the newly renovated rooms and was a non smoking room. I am a smoker and was glad to smoke outside away from the room in exchange foor the quality room. I was told the smoking rooms were not as nice. which I could understand since I've cleaned rooms before and know the toll smoking in rooms takes on the quality of the room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family