“This hotel is just disgusting!!”
Review of Rio Inn and Suites

Rio Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Marysville
Reviewed 21 August 2017

The pictures do not portray how the hotel really is. There are tweekers everywhere around the hotel. We checked in a got to our room and it stunk so bad, stains all over the carpet, holes punched in the wall, mattress under the sheets are black, burn marks in the bathroom, pee all over the walls. Went down to get a new room and it was just as bad. There was blood all over the bathtub, lampshades had stains, hand prints on the walls.
There was no way we were staying there!! I have never left a hotel before but this one I couldn't get away from fast enough. Do not stay here....Keep your family safe.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I stayed at the Rio on business. I checked a few other motels before I went with the Rio. Since I was going to be there a few days, I am picky and fear the unknown.
The Rio was very nice. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the staff super friendly.
This is not a luxury hotel, so please don't expect that. They do not charge luxury prices either.
For me, I thought it was the best hotel in this adorable little town of Marysville.
You will feel safe, the staff knows the area and can direct you.
Enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Look at Iso T's comments and ours will match..the mattress and pillows super, not quite as good as the motel in Battle Mountain but certainly super good. We both got a very good nights sleep. We did not need AC nor Heat. This room was almost perfect in decor..even the blanket under the attractive comforter matched the curtains which were beautiful - one needed a pin in it as they are pleated drapes and both of them matched the beautiful sage painted walls with white trim...let me not to forget that the comforter was matched to both. This room, and I believe most of them have the granite like stone tiles with a rug in the middle, under the bed.

I initially did not think I wanted to stay..they have weekly rentals too and sometimes, that is a thing that signals drugs and other concerns..but if it was there, we saw nor heard any of it. Four big trucks pulled in and that was probably the nosiest it got as they shut them down and left the next morning. I checked one room too, to be able to see the cleanliness of it and what it had in it...I felt rather badly...here is this little, frail lady, sitting on the floor, scrubbing it by hand, reaching into the corners..oh my!
This motel was clean as far as the sleeping area and nice quality newer sink and counter; however, where the tub and commode was, there was a lot to be desired around the trim of the floor..the build up of this and around the commode, where it had leaked and gathered a build up could have been easily used by using white vinegar and water, spray and wash...over a few times of this...both would be clean.

I do not know where he gets his pictures for his walls but they are beautiful and they look of higher quality than most motels hang.

The control for the TV did not work so that was a bit of an imposition. We had to get up early so, for the most part, no biggie.

There is a Continental breakfast! High quality breads, regular three cereals that most motels offer, apple and orange juice, real butter and of the best quality; there is ground coffee that the coffee is made from, natural peanut butter which I guess they do not understand it needs the oils stirred into and Chef quality jams for toast. Unfortunately, the waffle iron was broken..

We are going to have a consultant going there on business for several weeks, so I asked him what that rate would be...we paid $60 and tax and he told us $400 a week so the consultant will have to find another that is at least $60 less a week...if he wants to have anything left to pay bills with and eat on.

This, again, was owned by those from the Eastern countries and none of familiar odors of their culture...I am o.k. with their ownership, I am not with the odor that is usually there.

There was hot water and plenty of pressure..towels were absolutely soft and odorless; white as white could be...again absorbent. We have been in corporate motels where they are not nearly as nice, have perfume in them which causes difficulty for me to breathe and will not absorb the moisture from the body..usually caused by using too heavy of softeners. Again, white vinegar does this same job, is less expensive and removed the build up of detergents on whatever is washed.

Room Tip: I think we were in 108 ....it was relatively quiet but ran in back of the highway. There is no pool...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2014

Socalled premium room paid about fifty dollars more and then was told we couldnt have the continintal breakfast couldnt smoke in the room but workers were smoking dope right outside our room employees were rude and and the dope smoke came in through the ac will never stay there again

• Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank tinadavis86
Reviewed 19 February 2014

No hot water, pedestal sink in bath (no where to put things), no toilet paper holder, no electric outlet in bath, only accessible outlet was not installed completely (was afraid to use it), dogs allowed but no facility to dispose of waste, inadequate lighting in room, grounds completely unkempt, TV remote did not work, the location could not be worse (road noise, right next to freeway & railroad tracks on other side of freeway). Maybe building department should inspect; not sure this place should be open for business.
Will say, if they ever finish remodeling it, it would be nice except for location and atrocious interior decorating.
The picture above is only the front corner, the rest does not look like this!

Room Tip: If at all possible, stay way in the back, as far as possible from road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
0.5 km away
Motel 6 Marysville
#6 of 7 in Marysville
0.6 km away
Super 8 Marysville/Yuba City Area

Been to Rio Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!