“Lunch with family”

The Refuge
Ranked #1 of 124 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Cuisines: Belgian
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

I ordered the Rueben sandwich. It was a very generous portion of pastrami on their sandwich. My wife had the Kiev style chicken liver and my son and wife had the chopped salad with chicken. Everything was great. Just a little pricy for lunch sandwich. However it is to be expected in Silicone valley.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I have been here a couple times. The pastrami sandwiches are excellent. Fries are very good also. Large selection of draft and bottled beers.

One caution, I tried the philly cheese once because it sounded, but it was not very good. I advise skipping that menu item.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Great beer selection, popular local place so be prepared for a wait during evening and weekend meal times.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Another long overdue review-I think Refuge has the best pastrami sandwich in the Bay Area and the fact that you can order it with a side of chicken liver is an awesome bonus. For the non-pastrami eaters, the carnitas sandwich is also a solid choice. Huge local and international beer selection( something for everyone).
Service is always friendly and prompt. Great spot for groups.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This place has been on my list of must try locations for awhile. The beer list was three pages so I asked the bartender and he got me a glass of beer that was exactly what I wanted. I order the pastrami sandwich and it was perfect. Better than those giant unbalanced sandwiches I have had in NYC.