“Salmon Turkish Style”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Sultana is a lovely, semi-casual white-tablecloth restaurant on a busy part of El Camino Real in Menlo Park, but if the inside tables afford more of a street view than you want, you can take a relaxed meal at one of their umbrella tables out back in the fenced "garden" (they turned parking places into an outdoor family-style dining area). On this visit, we had their salmon filet, Greek/Turkish-style salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, lemon-oil-pepper-salt housemade dressing), and rice pilaf, with a refreshing starter of tzatziki and housemade yeast flatbread. Next time I'll check out their kebabs, which have always been pleasant in the past, and their ground mixed meats such as Adana kebab.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Liked the chicken kebab with rice. The salad though liked any flavors. Nice to sit on their back patio on a warm day. Would go again if I feel like Mediterranean food.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

I had checked into my hotel up the road and went on-line to see what my choices were in the area. Sultana popped up and looked promising so I headed there. I had low expectations and was very pleasantly surprised. I ate at the bar and the service was friendly and prompt. I had a lentil soup and the moussaka with a glass of Turkish red wine and enjoyed my meal.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

This was like when you get veggie in a place that regards veggie as a second class dish.It's watery,tasteless,uninspired.The place was nearly empty,the atmosphere made you want to call the Samaritans.There was an old man and a middle-aged woman.The guy looked as if he'd been rich all his life and was nearly bored to death with it.Where I was sitting at the back I could hear the staff gossiping about the customers.The waiter brought the bill without being asked,good move as I was glad to get out of there.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

The food is excellent especially the kebabs. The service is very good and the wait staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Easy parking in the back of the restaurant and they have patio dining.