All reviews we've stayed burger lassen volcanic national park new owners bring your own coffee maker only stayed one night a great place to stay south entrance sitting room check hours great cabin chose this place small table plenty of hot water paper towels futon couch
Reviewed 22 September 2014

After reading the trip advisor comments on this resort I was a little worried about our recent stay. Some of the comments may be well worth listening to but I must say our stay was really wonderful !! We stayed in cabin 7 ( well worth the extra $10.00 per night!) . The back deck looked over a meadow with trees. We saw deer and cats passing by nightly !! The cabin is "rustic" -- but there is hot water and flush toilets along with a kitchen with a refrigerator and working gas stove and oven. Bring your food unless you eat before 5:30 Most nights (you must order 30 minutes before closing time). The people who run the place are super nice. We had no trouble getting everything we needed. The windows all worked. The place was clean. Remember this is in the woods- this is a resort in thin part of the country. Looking for peace and quiet- you will find it here!!!!

Room Tip: Cabin 7 is perfect- good reception for Verizon customers!!!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelpatPhilaPA
Reviewed 2 September 2014

A great place to use as a base to explore Lassen National Park. We were in cabin #3 - perfect for the two of us. It is rustic, but clean. In addition to the park, there is a hiking trail at the resort. We enjoyed our dinner out under the trees. Everything was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Diane C
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I had read review but guess I didn't quite understand that this place is really remote. It is a 6 miles drive down a 1 1/2 lane winding road. When you finally arrive you wonder if its the right place -- nothing is near by. Including any semblance of cell phone reception. "Resort" in the name is pretty funny. There are just a few cabins ( a couple that need to be torn down as they give the whole place a trashy look) and a main building on the road that has a restaurant and small store. All that is pretty cute in a rustic way that I like. Calling this a resort is a stretch tho-- I expected a babbling brook -- that had more than a bare trickle , maybe a nice lawn with a few activities, porch swings etc. Nope, dusty decks, with loose boards, dirty plastic chairs, uncomfortable furniture inside. The cabin did have fairly comfortable beds and a kitchen -- that we didn't need to use. The bedrooms thankfully had TV trays that could be used for bedside tables and 2 together to make a luggage stand. I'm sure the mouse I saw probably ran across the luggage anyway but glad the luggage wasn't on the floor. The good part about our stay was eating supper at the restaurant -- food was good, dessert of apple dumpling and mixed berry pie was fantastic. Watching the hummingbirds was fun. We had planned to eat breakfast there too but they don't open for breakfast until 9!?! That's crazy! We decided to head out and eat down the road. Would I stay here again? No. Too remote , no TV, too expensive for the quality of the place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TravDreamer
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Nice old cabins, small, simple yet what more do you need? The bed was comfortable, the kitchen well stocked. I would suggest that you bring the food you plan to cook, as the little store shelves are pretty sparse. Breakfast doesn't open till 9 AM, so be prepared if you want to get out early to visit the park, etc. We ate two suppers on the back porch of the store and they were tasty, especially the irresistible "Fruit of the Forest" pie. Watched hummingbirds and we heard that there was a doe and 2 fawns, but didn't see them. Luckily we found out that there is a trail down to the creek, which we took late in the afternoon and saw a "water ouzel" (bird) sitting on a rock waiting for a reason to dive into the creek.

Room Tip: Cabin #7 appears to have a view to the meadow. We were in #6 and would have liked a darker shade on the window, as there was a light outside.
Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BetsyThacher
Reviewed 20 August 2014

this is the second time we've stayed at Mill Creek while visiting Lassen and once again we were happy with the peaceful setting and helpful staff. This year we were in Cabin 11 which is a bit of a snug fit for 4 (our kids used the futon in the front room and we used the bedroom) but it suited our needs nicely for a clean and cozy place to return to after a day of exploring the park.
One note: in this cabin's shower, the hot water knob is on the right instead of the left - my nearsighted eyes wouldn't have figured this out if my daughter hadn't asked me why the water wasn't warming up and I looked at the 2 knobs with my glasses still on and realized the "H" and "C" were opposite how they are in most sinks and showers. The cabin has its own hot water heater so we've always had enough for dishwashing and everyone's showers

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family