“Great pillows..”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Austin, Texas
“Great pillows..”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Staff were very friendly. Room was clean and pleasant. Breakfast options were not as good as I expected for the CP but satisfactory.

Room Tip: Ask for Free wifi when you book!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Milano
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I had to spend a few days in the Silicon valley and the location of the Crowne was perfect for my trip. Rooms are comfortable, though not very "new".
Breakfast not tested, Outdoor swimmimpool not tested, Gym-Fit not tested
Plus: quality of sleeping and service.
Minus: WiFi quality and Televosion monitor quality

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I recently stayed 5 nights at this hotel with my husband who was travelling on business. Whilst there is nothing awful about the hotel, it just feels very dated and worn. The room was clean enough but the bathroom definitely needs a refit/retiling as it feels rather grubby. No complaints about the water pressure though - always important in the shower. In the room itself, the bed was nice and comfy and the pillows were ok. The TV took a while to warm up and is rather old fashioned (not flat screen). Please note, the air conditioning (and you will need it as windows don't open) is VERY noisy!
We had room service breakfast every morning and that was ok, fairly standard and was usually delivered at the time specified. We had one meal in the bar, which was actually pretty good although the menu is limited. I also ate lunch in the restaurant one day. I had a lovely salad and the service was excellent, I mean really excellent.
The free shuttle is great and the drivers are friendly and helpful. I went to the Great Mall (outlet mall) and recommend that to anyone who needs to kill some time and likes shopping.
We didn't try the pool, but I noticed that the hot tub was out of order throughout the whole stay. Once I tried to access the pool but my key didn't work and I didn't bother reporting it as I was only wanting a closer look really.
Maid service was good, although if I left my room late sometimes it wasn't serviced when I returned late afternoon so I had to hang around or find something else to do.
Overall, it's not a terrible hotel. You will get a good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast. It's not a hotel you would want to just relax in your room in though, it just feels too dated and a bit unloved. I hope Crowne Plaza spend some money updating. We'll probably try Sheraton next visit to compare.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SarahSav
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 October 2011

This hotel provides a very nice customer service - the staff (especially those at the reception) are friendly and nice who always provide superior services to guests, the restaurant staff also provide outstanding service - I remember I check-out at about 6am PT to catch a morning flight. At that time, the buffet breakfast is not ready. The restaurant staff help pick some breads and juices for me - it makes me feel warm and it definitely worths staying in this hotel again!

The hotel is close to a shopping mall with quite a number of Asian restaurants. The fitness center is also ok!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 September 2011

The staff at the Crowne Plaze is awesome. They truly seem happy to have you stay there. Maria Moretti at the front desk checks me in quickly and makes sure I have a good room and vouchers for my stay. Irene makes sure my room service dinner is hot, delivered quickly and has all the extras.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
0.4 km away
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas
3.1 km away
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!