Tiki Lodge
Hotels.com
Economy Inn(Modesto)
US$65
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Great prices....clean....no probs. Gave me late checkout. Were friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank silverwings1000
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Marque advertised low price. We did receive it. We asked to see room before renting as our California experiences haven't been good. Furnishings were older but room appeared clean. Cracked shower floor. Amenities were provided upon request. Asked for toilet paper. TV was not plugged in. Difficult, but my small hands managed it. After checking in I noticed that there was no coffee pot in room as advertised. Next morning at 7:00, I went to office for coffee and continental breakfast. Not open. I took a 30 minute walk and returned to have tasty coffee and tiny rolls. This is the smallest continental breakfast we have ever encountered. There was a sign asking that only one roll be taken per person. I tried to get the hairdryer to work. Luckily, it didn't as the cord was nearly cut. Microwave was very old but worked. A plus was WIFI, that wasn't advertised. Desk was called to obtain it when a link came up.

Room Tip: Have a checklist of what you want in a room and investigate room before paying.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cathey E
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I left my kids Leap Frog "laptop" that I had JUST bought at this Motel. I went back to get it and found out that this motel does NOT have a policy of turning in items left in your room.

The fellow behind the desk said that they do have a place to put these things left behind, but that it is empty. I asked if they have a policy with housekeeping to hand in items left in the rooms and he said no.

So this is NOT a good place to stay, but a great place to work. I would imagine that these housekeepers working for this motel makes out like a bandit every now and again. And one of them has a brand new electronic leap frog to give to her child.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank SoDisappointeddddddd
Reviewed 16 September 2010

There are several things to say about this "beauty"... I hope you will read it to the end.
I know, it looks nice in pictures, however, it's location and the rest is at least poor.
I made the mistake to pay for 3 nights up-front. So, when I got into the room, first thing I noticed was a cigarette hole in the bedspread (it's a non-smoking room!) No screen on windows (fly or two in room?), pillowcases didn't seem to be laundered and a broken switch in the lamp by the bed.
Now, let's go to a bathroom.
The caulk around the shower door, which didn't close well until pushed up and in, was probably 50 years old. Rust and mold all around it, inside and outside of the shower enclosure.
Motel's website claims to have coffee maker in the room. I couldn't find it. The TV has 16 channels, including 4 spanish, 1 arabic, so, it's actually 11 of which only 5 have decent reception. Isn't that great ???????????
Now, let's have some breakfast... it consisted of coffee and a choice of ... a danish.
Beds are made every two days and so are the towel changes...
Yes, $45 is a bargain, but for few bucks more, nicer motel is just down the street.
One more thing. The motel is right next to a ghetto-style apartments, meaning noises and loud music at night (actually two nights in the row). If you're a light sleeper (like me) forget the sweet dreams.
It's a shame that this dump is part of the Choice Hotels. Simply a disgrace.
And now enjoy the stay...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank trafficman58
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I Live in another city and have been planning to visit modesto often...i was browsing online for a place for under 100.00 and found this place.The second i entered the office the staff was very kind,polite and courteous to what i wanted.

The room was very clean,quiet and very nice and i enjoyed my experience there.All in all for the price...it is very worth it...check em out!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo