All reviewsgolf coursebeautiful locationolder propertyroom was cleanredwood foresttreesmicrowaveestablishment
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We found this to be a pleasant place. Very clean & quiet. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. All in all we were pleased and would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank murphynv
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here for two days over labor day. The nightly rate after taxes was about 174 dollars for a room with two double beds which is INSANE for what the room looked like. Obviously, there was an inflated rate for Labor Day but I just felt taken advantage of. It must have been one of the last rooms booked because I did notice that not every room was as small and miserable as ours looked. However, I wasn't staying in another room so I can't review a different room!
Anyway, our room was very, very small (it literally looked as if three feet had been cut length-ways) and the furniture was very old. The beds were quite soft, the shower was ancient and we didn't have a phone (which though I never use in most hotels, I actually needed here because none of our cell phones had ANY service whatsoever).
The upside was that the room was quiet and the ancient bathroom, beds and furniture were all very clean.
Basically, it felt like a Super 8 room (which I haven't stayed in since I was 22 because well, they aren't very nice) only it was two-three times the cost of a Super 8.
Basically, if you HAVE to stay somewhere (i.e. you are attending a wedding and all the good places are taken) or if you are staying mid-week and the prices are 60 dollars less a night, then it might be doable but I personally would not come back.

Room Tip: Room 15 is very small, ask for a room that's bigger than that one!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank splianka
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Not necessarily a resort -- hooray! Nice, quiet, friendly, and clean. Good golf, not so good (not so bad) restaurant. Eat there if not in a hurry. We were looking for a weekend away and this was perfect. Redwoods are beautiful. We had seen bad reviews on other sites and were worried. None of them fit our experience. If you want simple and comfortable this place is the one to choose.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Ajalmo
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We stumbled into this little lodge, and were pleasantly surprised! A sweet little campus surrounded by redwoods! We soaked up the quiet, used the great wi-fi connection, and happily went on our way the following morning!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank neverfaithless
Reviewed 21 July 2010

This place is super clean and when me and my partner stayed there - super quiet. Pool was very nice along with the staff. It is right by the golf course, a restaurant and a coffee shop.
The room was quaint, with a spa tub and good air conditioning/heat.
It is perfect for a quiet getaway, especially if you want to go join the party scene in Guernville, but just don't want to sleep around it.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple