This was our first visit to the InterContinental Monterey and we were NOT disappointed. This hotel was high quality from the moment we drove up, until the day we left. We stayed in Room 461. King Suite with full ocean view. The room was beautiful, the views gorgeous, needless to say we were very pleased. It is not cheap to stay in this hotel, so expect to pay high dollar, but for us it was worth it! The staff (Valets, Bellman, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Bartender, Restaurant Crew) top notch. Thank you for making our trip wonderful and for making us feel special.
My only criticism is about the Spa. We were greeted at our appointment and seated in the "relaxation" room. The receptionist came in and told us to help ourselves to a beverage while we waited. We saw water and possibly tea available at that time. The ad for this particular massage offered complimentary champagne mimosa's, but none were offered to us. After a short wait, we had our massages and went back to our room. When I first booked this room, the advertisement on line mentioned a couples twilight massage for $125 for 50 mins. It sounded nice, so I called a few weeks before our trip and made our appointment. I thought that was the price for both of us, but found out later that was not the case. Their brochures showed the "per person" prices, however their on line information did not. I did mention this to the front desk (yesterday 3/5/2012) and they apologized, but did make sure they pulled out the brochure to show me the "per person" information. I went to my room, checked the on line information thinking maybe I had missed something, but I had not. (Shame on me for not confirming this information when I called to make our appointment.) I noticed today prior to writing this review that the internet has since been corrected.
** Couple’s Twilight Massage
50 Min $125 / 80 Min $170 per person
Ditch the TV and come to the spa for a late night massage including complimentary
champagne mimosas. A romantic evening and an excellent prelude for a deep night of sleep **
We wanted the spa experience to live up to the standards we had gotten used to so far, and it did not meet those standards. We will skip the spa here in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, IHG and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey