We stayed at this property for 2 nights over 4th of July weekend. We stayed in a standard room in the pet friendly section of the hotel as we had our dog with us. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised! Here are my key takeaways:
- Yes, the exterior of the hotel is a bit dated, but I don’t think there’s anything more that could be done to change this beyond a massive renovation. The buildings themselves appear well maintained, and I think Hyatt has done a nice job of refreshing their appearance with dark gray paint, addition of wood accents, and tasteful landscaping.
- The outdoor spaces themselves are quite nice. I didn’t use the pool so can’t comment on it, but thought the fire pits outside the lobby building and hammock gardens were a nice touch.
- The interior of the lobby has been nicely renovated. It felt very airy and bright. Didn’t get a chance to visit the cafe or restaurant but they looked nice from my quick glance.
- The property is quite spread out, but we were staying at the very far end and it was only about a 5 minute walk to the lobby. There’s ample parking spread out across the property, which makes it easy to park near your room. At check in they told me that they have a golf cart valet you can call if you don’t want to/can’t walk from one part of the property to another (we didn’t use this service, but might be nice for some).
- The interior of our room was very nice! The rooms have clearly been upgraded in the past couple of years. Our room had wood laminate floors, though i’m not sure if this is standard or just in the pet-friendly rooms.
- Bathroom was upgraded with a sink/vanity area that included the closet then a separate toilet/shower room. The shower was not particularly large, but it was sufficient and I appreciated that it had a foot rest for leg shaving. Note that the vanity/sink area does not have a door to separate it from the rest of the room, if that matters to you.
- air conditioning! Probably my biggest hesitation with booking this property was whether the room would have proper AC. Many of the photos show rooms with free standing AC units. I’m happy to report that the rooms are equipped with mini-split systems that keep the room comfortable without taking up floor space or making a lot of noise.
- All if the rooms appeared to have either a patio (ground floor) or balcony that ranged in size based on location. We were in the pet building on the ground floor and had a large patio that opened onto a grassy area. Two chairs and small table were included on the patio.
- Bed was comfortable and our room was well stocked with plenty of towels.
- The main reason we booked here was because it was pet friendly, and I have to say they really delivered. Not only do they tolerate pets, they have really gone out of their way to make this a pet welcoming property as explained more below.
- Pets are allowed everywhere on the property except inside the restaurant and pool area, which is very reasonable IMO. I walked my dog around the whole property including in the lobby and never got any nasty glances or anything like that.
- There is a dedicated building for guests with pets that’s at the far end of the property. The grassy area here included tunnels and other dog training equipment, which I thought was neat (though useless for my dog who couldn’t be less interested lol). Our room was on the ground floor of this building and had a glass slider that opened onto this area, which was really nice for quick bathroom breaks. Our room felt just as nice as any other room, and was very clean with no detectable pet odor or lingering fur from prior guests.
- At check in I was given a “pet bag” that was a Hyatt branded drawstring backpack and included a dog bowl, small fleece blanket, and roll of poop bags. Nothing terribly fancy, but I thought it was a nice effort.
- There is a $100 pet fee, but I thought this was fair given the lengths to which the property goes to be pet friendly and the additional cleaning that is required for a room that’s been occupied by a pet. Especially reasonable when you consider that many other properties charge a per-day pet fee of $25-50.
This property turned out to be the perfect place for our weekend getaway with the dog. Would definitely stay here again.