“Probably best decision I will make this whole vacation”

Monterey Bay Sailing
Book In Advance
More Info
US$39.00*
and up
Monterey Bay Sailing Cruise With Wine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sail with confidence on world famous Monterey Bay. Monterey hosts the most bio-dense and bio-diverse ecosystem on the U.S. Pacific coast. Whether you are a complete novice trying sailing for the first time, or an experienced ocean veteran ready to take your seamanship to a higher level, we offer American Sailing Association (ASA) classes taught to your skill level. Monterey Sailing Monterey Bay Sailing is a professional sailing organization established in 1998 whose mission is to offer residents of the Monterey Peninsula communities and visitors an affordable opportunity to sail the central coast. Marine mammals seen frequently include grey, blue and humpback whales who blow, or breach as they migrate with their calves. Sea otters, dolphin and vocal sea lions enjoy one of the most pristine areas of the entire Pacific. On cruises, all sailors are offered a chance to take the helm and discover the grace and beauty of a boat under sail. Choose a captained cruise for a more relaxing voyage in the world's second largest marine sanctuary. Cruises are safe, affordable, family fun for all ages. For sailors who want to become active in the sport, a membership in Monterey Bay Sailing Club reduces the cost of certification courses and bareboat rentals by 50 - 70%. Bareboat rentals are available for non-members who are certified and qualified to bareboat. The Monterey Bay Sailing fleet offers a selection of boats suited to the local conditions. The local conditions are a sailors paradise. Typically, 345 plus days of good to excellent sailing conditions predominate annually. The prevailing west to northwest wind ranges predictably from 8-15 knots. The ASA sailing school is instructed by professional sailors with decades of experience. ASA certifications are valid for life and recognized internationally. We are dedicated to teaching safety and seamanship and give you the confidence to fulfill your sailing goals and dreams.
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I could not be happier. My son and I drove 2 1/2 hours to get to Monterey, and he's only four years old, we had a long drive, checked in at the hotel and then took an Uber to old fisherman's wharf. He says he's wanted to be on a boat so very much but he did not understand waves in the ocean so we are on this beautiful sail boat under power to get out to put up the sails and my son starts to get a little scared. The unbelievable part is we booked tickets on a group cruise and we ended up being the only two passengers so we sort of had the privilege to say what we wanted to do so captain Floyd, an excellent, excellent captain brought us back inland where we could look at sea lions and otters and wave at other people in boats and stuff. It didn't matter to him what we did for the hour he was very accommodating for my very young son who has never been on a boat but really wanted to. But then my son got brave and we went back in the ocean and we actually put the jib up for a little bit but it didn't last for long and so we put it back in and went back home as slowly as we could. And I could not be more grateful. That was the best first experience on a boat I think my son could have ever experienced. Thank you captain, thank you Monterey Bay Sailing!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Had a great time on a 2 hour sailing trip. Saw two whales up close and thoroughly enjoyed it. Takoda was a great host and conversationalist.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

lovely sunset trip on a lovely boat! felt very well looked after as I went on the appetizer trip so had yummy food on board as well! I would recommend this for a lovely evening on the water watching the sun go down and with the wonderful sea and wildlife all around you!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Took a fantastic cruise with Monterey Bay Sailing yesterday and saw the whale show of a lifetime! Been on countless whale cruises in my life and this was the best! Great captain! Fun exciting sail! Beautiful day! Plus lovely wine!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic trip. Takoda was knowledgeable and entertaining. I highly recommend this trip for everyone!