“One of The Best Trips Of My Life!!”

Monterey Bay Sailing
Book In Advance
More Info
US$85.00*
and up
2 Hour Sailing Cruise in Monterey Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sail with confidence on world famous Monterey Bay. Monterey hosts the most bio-dense and bio-diverse ecosystem on the U.S. Pacific coast. Whether you are a complete novice trying sailing for the first time, or an experienced ocean veteran ready to take your seamanship to a higher level, we offer American Sailing Association (ASA) classes taught to your skill level. Monterey Sailing Monterey Bay Sailing is a professional sailing organization established in 1998 whose mission is to offer residents of the Monterey Peninsula communities and visitors an affordable opportunity to sail the central coast. Marine mammals seen frequently include grey, blue and humpback whales who blow, or breach as they migrate with their calves. Sea otters, dolphin and vocal sea lions enjoy one of the most pristine areas of the entire Pacific. On cruises, all sailors are offered a chance to take the helm and discover the grace and beauty of a boat under sail. Choose a captained cruise for a more relaxing voyage in the world's second largest marine sanctuary. Cruises are safe, affordable, family fun for all ages. For sailors who want to become active in the sport, a membership in Monterey Bay Sailing Club reduces the cost of certification courses and bareboat rentals by 50 - 70%. Bareboat rentals are available for non-members who are certified and qualified to bareboat. The Monterey Bay Sailing fleet offers a selection of boats suited to the local conditions. The local conditions are a sailors paradise. Typically, 345 plus days of good to excellent sailing conditions predominate annually. The prevailing west to northwest wind ranges predictably from 8-15 knots. The ASA sailing school is instructed by professional sailors with decades of experience. ASA certifications are valid for life and recognized internationally. We are dedicated to teaching safety and seamanship and give you the confidence to fulfill your sailing goals and dreams.
Reviewed 12 September 2017

My partner and I did the 2-hour cruise. We were paired up with one other couple in the boat. It was an amazing adventure. We couldn't stop talking about it. We saw dolphins and at least 3 whales swimming. In fact, most of our voyage was spent watching the whales swim. I did not expect to see whales, so I was pleasantly surprised. Captain Dan was awesome!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"sails"
"ropes"

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I love getting out on the bay; and 95+ degrees this past weekend was an additional motivator! Dutch took us out for a two hour sail. The wind god supported our effort and Dutch identified all the birds, sea lions, seals and whales. He is a wealth of information, and a talented sailor with an eye for spotting the whale activity and putting us in the center of it all. I've never been that close to a hump back whale. All in all a great sail for a very fair price. Thank you Dutch!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We always enjoy a sunset sail when we travel by the water, so this trip was a natural. The boat was comfy and Captain Floyd evidenced just the right balance between banter and allowing us alone time. Biggest issue was the appalling quality of the wine. Here we are in the heart of where so many fabulous wines and we were served Charles Shaw $2. wine. I highly recommend adding $20 to the cost of the trip and serving something potable.

Monterey_Bay_Sailing, Captain at Monterey Bay Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

We do many 1 and 2 hour trips which are affordable for the great variety of individuals who want to go out on the water and view the diverse marine life in Monterey Bay. We provide wine as a complimentary item included in our services. We do not charge an extra 20$ for wine because that would make some of our services outside of the price range of many individuals and families who patronage our small business. Passengers are more than welcome to bring their own wine and we will be happy to pour it for them. My sincere apologies that the wine did not meet your potability standards but I am certainly glad that the Captain, cruise and vessel all met your sailing needs.

Fair winds and following seas,

Capt. Takoda J. Fletcher
Vice President
Monterey Bay Sailing
takodaf@montereysailing.com

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I could not be happier. My son and I drove 2 1/2 hours to get to Monterey, and he's only four years old, we had a long drive, checked in at the hotel and then took an Uber to old fisherman's wharf. He says he's wanted to be on a boat so very much but he did not understand waves in the ocean so we are on this beautiful sail boat under power to get out to put up the sails and my son starts to get a little scared. The unbelievable part is we booked tickets on a group cruise and we ended up being the only two passengers so we sort of had the privilege to say what we wanted to do so captain Floyd, an excellent, excellent captain brought us back inland where we could look at sea lions and otters and wave at other people in boats and stuff. It didn't matter to him what we did for the hour he was very accommodating for my very young son who has never been on a boat but really wanted to. But then my son got brave and we went back in the ocean and we actually put the jib up for a little bit but it didn't last for long and so we put it back in and went back home as slowly as we could. And I could not be more grateful. That was the best first experience on a boat I think my son could have ever experienced. Thank you captain, thank you Monterey Bay Sailing!