We stayed at the Wave Street Inn for two nights. Overall, our stay was great! Here are some pros/cons...
1. Location - This hotel was easy to get to and was very convenient to Cannery Row where you can find restaurants, shopping and the aquarium. It's only about 2 blocks from the water so we could see the bay from our room!
2. Room Size - We came from a small room in San Francisco so our room felt huge. We had a king size bed and plenty of room for our bags. Additionally, the bathroom was a good size with a nice vanity. Neither of our SF hotels had sinks in the room so I really appreciated this bathroom with a nice big walk-in shower and good lighting.
3. Street Parking - The hotel charges $17 per day to park. We knew we weren't going to be there much so we parked on the street at the meters overnight. When we were there and needed to pay the meter, we used the ParkMobile app which I already had on my phone because I use it here in Boston. It's super easy to "Add a car" to the app so you can assign the spot to your rental car. If you're going to spend most of your time in Monterey, it may be cheaper to use the $17 hotel parking.
1. Breakfast - There are not a lot of places to eat breakfast within walking distance of the hotel. There is a restaurant across the street that looked good but had a hour wait (at 11am on a Tuesday) and a coffee shop (Tidal) down the road that had a long line and so-so breakfast options.
2. Noise - The people in the room above us must have been heavy footed or something because it sounded like all they were doing was stomping around. It didn't bother us at night (I assume they were asleep when we were asleep) but other times of the day it felt like they were stomping so loudly.
Overall, our stay here was great and I would stay there again for the location and ease. There was a really large antique mall right on Wave Street that was great. And, we walked down to Osteria Al Mare for dinner our last night and had a wonderful meal and conversation with the owner. Highly recommend!