14 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$519
Hotels.comUS$519
Expedia.comUS$519
FindHotelUS$530
eDreamsUS$519
Trip.comUS$529
3,549 results
All reviews brew pub fisherman's wharf warm cookies cannery row ceiling fan conference center within walking distance self park parking garage upon check per day beautiful hotel monterey bay whale watching sea lions mile drive jacks
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Portola Hotel & Spa is located in a perfect area steps from the wharf and walking distance on beautiful trail to Cannery Row. The staff was friendly, helpful and the price for location excellent - highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A wonderful Dog friendly property. Room had a courtyard view and a nice patio. I was staying with my two Labs and there were no size restrictions. Most places were limiting size to 50lbs. Property was clean and the staff all very friendly and professional. Overall a great place to stay very close to the harbor and old Fisher Mans Warf. Lots of dining within walking distance. Short dive to Carmel and Cannery Row.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Chose this hotel based on the pictures and location. The rooms aren't very nice, you have to pay extra to park and we asked for towels and never received them. All and all it's an adequate hotel but for the price you can do better.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Janine Chicourrat, General Manager at Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi stephenarmstrong707,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Portola Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your thoughts about the newly renovated guest rooms. We share all feedback with our team and appreciate your note about housekeeping services.

Thank you again for your review.

Portola Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We decided, at the last minute, to do a quick weekend getaway trip. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. The location was perfect for going anywhere we wanted in the city. I'll be booking rooms here again in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2021

Hello, I originally planned on staying at the Marriott 05/15/2021, around 12pm I called to see if I could get an early check in. That’s when I found out I booked a room for 05/22. I messed up, so as my girlfriend is panicking and I’m scrambling to save this trip, I find myself scrolling across Expedia and find the portola. I quickly book a room to save the weekend and not have to listen to “this is why I make lists” for 3.5 hours on the drive home. I then call the portola 15 minutes after booking to ask if I could possibly get into the room any earlier than 4. 10 minutes later they call me back and have a room ready for me. The hotel was clean and in a great location. I was more impressed by the looks of it then my original booking. The staff was easy to access and very accommodating. They saved my trip and saved a 3 hour car ride of passive aggressive softball. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. The price was better than the others in the area and was a great, clean, fun experience. There’s also a great brewery called dust bowl close by that will enhance any trip.

Bret