“Dinner and brunch ”

The Grill Hut Morro Bay
Ranked #43 of 106 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came here for a light dinner and even though with it being BBQ type food even a salad isn't very light- it was delicious! My husband ordered the Texas salad which had BBQ chicken and tri tip that also had garlic bread and an onion ring. I ordered a sandwich grilled chicken which was on garlic bread, it was delicious My husband noticed they also serve breakfast , so before we left Morro Bay we came back for brunch, which was also tasty. The county potatoes were a bit burnt, but I highly recommend the cinnamon swirl toast! It was like dessert!

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

The first time we ate here we enjoyed it. Not so much this time. I will say the service is great. My husband had a patty melt and it was fine. It should have been on rye not sourdough. I ordered half salad. Great size for half an order. It was BBQ chicken and beef salad. The meat was chopped and doused with cold BBQ sauce. And it was piled on top of head lettuce. So if the meat was warm it was now cold from tossing it in cold BBQ sauce. I was under the impression that it was bbq'ed meat chopped and put on the salad. It was very disappointing. I love bbq but don't care for much sauce. It wasn't very appealing to say the least. I really didn't care for anything else. The waitress was great ! Maybe I just had bad luck this time.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

The menu has a variety of fantastic western BBQ like items. There are great dinners, sandwiches, and great sides. The works. The smoked tri tip with their angel hair pasta is fantastic. The smoked chicken and pasta or sandwich version is also delicious. The staff is very friendly and will bend over backwards to serve you. The theme is fun too. Everything on the menu is delicious. A true gem on the central coast.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

A friend who moved to Morro Bay turned me onto the place, which has relocated to a larger location not far from the freeway. The staff are friendly, solicitous. Wife wanted breakfast at lunch -- no problem. She devoured her chili verde, and love the biscuits with black-eye gravy. We both had fresh ice team. I ordered onion rings with a tri-tip sandwich. The onion rings were the best I've had -- and I ate every one. The tri-tip was tender and bountiful in a nice roll. I added the sauce from a squeeze bottle. It wasn't cheap -- but there were no leftovers and only smiles.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

We had dinner here when it first opened but had not visited again until this week. Our first stop was for lunch and we ordered each ordered a small salad. Both were very good and more than enough for lunch. We noted that they do serve breakfast until 4:00 pm every day which was nice to know since we like breakfast late sometimes. So our next stop was for breakfast and they choices are many. We opted for Chile Verde Skillet and Corned Beef Hash with Poached eggs. The servings were huge and we took half home to have on the following day. While having breakfast we noticed they have Prime Rib (not on Menu) on Friday night. So we went for dinner and the Prime Rib is a 14-16 ounce delicious cut with salad and baked potato with all the trimmings including good horseradish. This was $30.95 and more than enough for us to share for dinner. We complimented the dinner with a bottle of house red which was good. We had to take the Peach Cobbler home since we were full. This is a very nice family run business with cheerful service and many good choices all day long.