“Good value for money but has some downsides”
Review of Crestview Hotel

Crestview Hotel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 6 May 2017

This is a well located and relatively cheap hotel, but it has ups and downs.

Positives:

The rooms are a good size and the beds comfy. A desk is provided. There are plenty of power points, and also some phone/usb charging points which is a nice touch.

The bathroom is perfectly functional and in good condition (there's no bath, only a shower - but that's fine for me).

The staff are nice. Checkin was efficient.

The fitness room is basic but clean and functional.

The free wifi worked fine for me, no issues and I was able to VPN back to our UK office fine.

There's plenty of parking.

The inroom fridge/microwave are a nice touch.

Keurig coffee machine is in the room (and tea is also provided).

Negatives:

The breakfast buffet is 'okay'. The hot choice is not great - as another reviewer commented, the 'scrambled eggs' are made from powder and not at all appetising. You can at least get cereal and a good cup of tea.

No crockery or cutlery is provided in the rooms, making the microwave less useful!

The lovely picture of a bowl of cut fruit labelled 'complimentary breakfast' on the hotel's website, unfortunately, a complete lie. The closest you get is some canned peach slices in syrup and whole bananas/oranges. This was the biggest disappointment for me and I dropped my rating by one point because of it.

The lift is very slow and badly in need of an upgrade, and unfortunately you essentially have to use the lift as the only set of stairs I found was not accessible from the ground floor.

The public transport in the area is pretty poor (like much of America), so you'll need a car or to make heavy use of uber/lyft. (An uber from SFO airport is around 45 USD.)

The in-room air conditioning is unfortunately rather on the noisy side.

You can hear the people in the rooms above you walking about sometimes.

Room Tip: Probably the top floor would be the quietest
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 April 2017

The check in was great. The paperwork was there waiting at the front desk and took less than a minute to get checked in. The room was spacious with a nice view with two windows to look out of. There were two issues that dropped the score to average. First, the TV was cable network, but the controller didn't have a channel guide and the room didn't have a channel listing. So you basically had to scroll through the channels to find what channel you were on. Second, the weekend breakfast was served from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. I'm an early riser, and most other hotels in the area begin an hour earlier. The breakfast was good, but just starts too late on the weekends.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
crestviewhotel, Manager at Crestview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We will take into consideration your feedback about the breakfast hours.
There should have been a channel guide in the room, very sorry about that.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed two nights. It's a fairly basic hotel with limited facilities and rooms that need a serious refresh but it is clean and the location is good for rapid connection to local high tech businesses. That is why the price is as high as it is. The interior is not as good looking as the exterior; furniture and lighting in the rooms is cheaply done but the bed is comfortable. Staff were helpful and friendly. Frankly in any other location this would be terrible value. If it was $150 a night it would be fair but at $250+ it really looks expensive. But then again it is Silicon Valley and everybody is fully booked so...

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2016

The experience is terrible. I went to Mountain View and stayed in this hotel for one night.
On the next day morning, the person at front desk told me the check out time is 12:00 PM and I thought it means midnight, so I left a few cloth there. I came back at around 6PM and they told me the room is already closed and my cloth is still there in the room. If I want my cloth back I would need to book another night. I had no choice but paid for another night as told. However, the room is already cleaned and the cloth is missing. They told me they don't know anything about my cloth. Then I said if this is the truth I had to call 911 to find out. After that, the person at the front desk suddenly 'find' that my cloth is just beneath the desk. I think this was clearly a fraud and I would never come to this hotel anymore in my life.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
crestviewhotel, Manager at Crestview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Good morning,

Just to clarify the situation check out time is 11.00 am and we extended that time for you to 12.00 pm, a checkout time for midnight that day would be another night stay.
We did not charge for an extra night.
I do apologize for any confusion and miss understanding that the situation may have caused you.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Not bad for business. Room wasn't ready the first time I got there, but the rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. Love the fridge and microwave in each room. The new exercise room will only make it better. Breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast, but not a fan of the microwave bacon.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business